Amazon Music Integration

Does Roon integrate with Amazon Music?

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

No it doesn’t.

1 Like

Bummer. Would have been nice to save some coin compared to Tidal.

On a related topic. Has anyone compared the audio quality of Tidal Hi Fi and MQA compared to Amazon HD and Ultra HD?

What’s the point? Tidal is integrated and sounds amazing, Amazon probably will never be and we should be supporting the streaming services that due co exist with Roon. I personally don’t want Amazon swallowing up streaming then bringing it down to the lowest common denominator.
Value and price are two entirely different propositions.
Just my view.

3 Likes

In my view it’s in Roon’s best interest to integrate with all the major streaming services including those from Amazon, Google, and Apple.

Many of us are Prime members and would very much appreciate access to that library. Until then I have to keep Sonos too instead of only Roon which is annoying.

1 Like

I’ve shifted this discussion out of Support as it is not about an issue with current functionality.

In general terms Roon is open to integration with any service that will provide the data necessary to enable full integration like Tidal or Qobuz. The larger services are unwilling to do that and Roon isn’t interested in providing a less integrated service, which merely replicates what can already be obtained through other apps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.