Amazon Music Unlimited support needed

I look forward to hearing their response to you.

4 Likes

Problem solved then…

8 Likes

Brian I genuinely wish you luck, as many users would benefit if it happened.

1 Like

This debate has been had so many times concerning Amazon and the other big services .(Apple , Google, Spotify) All of them are more interested in what data they can mine via their own apps to allow a third party (Roon) access to this data . The big 3 are also more interested in how music services spin off on hardware sales to “give it away”.

Roon’s particular magic requires a deep integration with the service library which none of the biggies are prepared to give . If you search the forum you will see many threads about Apple Music particularly. .

As far as we are told it’s not for the want of Roon’s trying, as you say it would be a major selling point if Roon could include any of the biggies

C’est la vie

If you don’t want to use Tidal, Qobuz, or KKBox then you should move on. Roon does not support Amazon Music, Apple Music, or Spotify. These have been requested over and over for many years. You can always come back to Roon later if they ever support a service you want. Harping on it here does nothing. Roon is not waiting for more request from customers to support one of these.

EDIT: Maybe you missed this part…

“These have been requested over and over for many years.”

Obviously, some people would like to see this. I would like to see Apple Music support.

There is a forum rule that talks about “ax grinding.”

Maybe you should post this “needed” support in the feature request thread.

1 Like

Not quite generic but close: "As per your email, I see that you wanted to use Amazon Music streaming service using Roon.

We’re constantly working to improve Amazon Music services and appreciate your feedback.

Customer feedback like yours helps us to improve our services and provide better experience to our customers, and we thank you for taking time to offer us your thoughts.

We’ll consider your comments as we plan further improvements."

Sounds like “No one wants that and we are tired of everyone asking for it! Go away”.

2 Likes

The problem is that in the case of Apple Music, Spotify, and Amazon HD it’s not Roon you have to convince. They tried talking to all of them. You need to convince Apple, Spotify, and Amazon.

Edit: on a pragmatic level, use what works. It’s a bit like buying a Ferrari and then demanding that 4WD and 6 seats are „needed“.

6 Likes

I hope that now Harmon is involved, Roon is in a slightly stronger negotiating position. Time will tell.

3 Likes

Amazon always writes their own software. They do this because they feel that at some point down the road, it might be sellable to another company and come a profit center.
Amazon on Roon is never going to happen. Doesn’t matter who owns Roon. Forget about it and move on. Enjoy the here and now.

I was (and am) a diehard Apple Music user. I tried and cancelled Tidal some time ago, and have never used Qobuz. I subscribe to Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube premium, Apple TV, Plex etc. etc.

I started using Roon for my hi-res files because 1. Apple Music doesn’t play well with hi-res in the cloud and 2. Plex Amp just isn’t very good and also doesn’t support high res files (which is a massive own-goal IMO).

After falling in love with Roon’s feature set I re-upped my Tidal subscription and have been using Roon with Tidal happily for the past 10 months. Long story short, while I understand the OP would like to keep using Amazon, it seems clear from these posts that it just isn’t going to happen, and one needs to pick tidal and/or qobuz and be happy with the minimal compromise necessary to access the outstanding features offered by Roon. Hopefully the new owners don’t dilute or pollute the user experience that most of us love…

4 Likes

Amazon Music is not available worldwide, for example I can’t get it in Denmark

I’d rather see Apple Music integrated into Roon

2 Likes

Its all been said before

2 Likes

Have you tried changing the DNS settings in your network to Google or any of the other popular free public DNS providers? This worked for me when I had Qobuz connection issues in the past, and is much simpler than using a VPN. Can’t hurt to give it a try.

Thanks, but that offers no encryption. It’s a policy of mine, I’m not missing out on anything I want.

Actually, most of them support DoT and DoH encryption. But I just realize I missread your comment. I thought you were saying Qobuz wouldn’t connect without a VPN. Now that I re-read, I’m wondering why you can’t use Qobuz with a VPN. I have done it.

At the point of trying to subscribe, Qobuz throws a message “Whoops… Proxies and VPNs not allowed” and no surprise - doesn’t show that message when you turn off your VPN.

There’s obviously the potential that they’re only doing that through the payment process … but for me that’s kind of the point!

There are many different things I could do if I really wanted to use Qobuz, but I’m ok just sitting on a high horse about not giving them my business if they expect me to turn off my VPN.

Roon runs locally at my place!

1 Like

And it connects to various Roon and Qobuz/Tidal network services. It doesn’t have the entirety of MusicBrainz/TiVo databases and Qobuz/Tidal music storage copied locally.

1 Like

Well fancy that … must be magic :grinning: