Amazon Music Unlimited support needed

I bought a 1 year sub to Roon and mostly like it except for one issue. The lack of support for Amazon Music. I’ve already canceled Tidal after trying it out. I have a one year sub to Qobuz, but it offers no benefits over Amazon Music either so will be canceling Qobuz when the year sub runs out.

I would like to keep Roon, but don’t see any reason for it if it doesn’t support Amazon Music by the end of my current sub.

Is Roon going to support Amazon Music soon? It isn’t worth paying for if it only supports my ripped CD collection.

1 Like

For many people it is, horses for courses I guess.

6 Likes

@Brian Hall - Have a read of the Feature Suggestion post asking for this, and in particular @danny’s replies in the topic. Bottom line - push Amazon to work with Roon Labs; it takes two to tango.

Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution - Feedback / Feature Suggestions - Roon Labs Community

3 Likes

It works with Roon :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Sounds like a benefit to me too…

3 Likes

I find the pairing of Tidal and Roon to be very satisfying and I do also have Apple Music (family), Amazon and others.

If you don’t use or appreciate Roon’s unique offering you could always drop the bar to something like Plex / Plexamp. Roon isn’t for everyone.

Of all of the music services I currently have and have tried I think Amazon is my least preferred. I do like Amazon for TV.

2 Likes

But the OP cancelled Tidal, so they have currently no streaming service that works with Roon AFAICT, and Qobuz (or Tidal) working with Roon IS a benefit over Amazon Music is all I’m saying.

1 Like

No argument from me … but a monthly Tidal subscription is two coffees a month now and would certainly be worth revisiting.

I do personally have an issue with Qobuz … I refuse to connect to stuff on the internet without the use of a VPN.

Now Roon is a member of a much larger consumer product group, Amazon may reconsider whether to side with Roon but I would not count it.

1 Like

The 50% discount to purchase hi res downloads is more than enough justification for me, since the discounts provided exceed the cost of the service.

2 Likes

Yes, it works with Roon, but Qobuz is missing albums I want to listen to and can’t find a physical CD for.
Amazon always has everything I want to listen to. Their bigger library and Atmos music gives them a big advantage over Qobuz.

I have a 1 year subscription to Qobuz so I can use it. I’m just saying Amazon is better than Qobuz and I would prefer to use it instead.

I had subscriptions to all the streaming services to compare them against each other. No reason to keep Tidal with Qobuz so I canceled it first.

I want Roon to support Amazon Music so I don’t need multiple subs.

Roon supports local files, Tidal, Qobuz, and KKBox. If you don’t use one or more of them, you don’t need Roon. Nobody knows what the future might or might not bring.

EDIT: With the reduced price of Tidal for high resolution, there is almost no reason not to subscribe to both Tidal and Qobuz, if only for redundancy purposes. Find somewhere else to save $11 per month.

6 Likes

Pick your preferred compromise… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Or choose something that works :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

Tidal’s library much match Amazon’s and has Atmos doesn’t it? It works with Roon already.

1 Like

I prefer a streaming service that has the albums I want to listen to. Tonight I noticed Qobuz is missing most of Epica’s albums. Amazon Music has them.

I have never found an album that Qobuz has that is missing from Amazon Music. I’m sure there are some obscure classical albums that I haven’t searched for, but so far nothing. I don’t need access to 20 versions of Ode to Joy.

To me Amazon Music is superior to Qobuz in every way except for the lack of Roon support. If I have to choose between having access to all the albums I want or the Roon service, I will pick Amazon over Roon.

It is possible to duplicate Roon’s information with web searches. I love the features Roon offers. It just isn’t enough to justify the extra cost without support for better and more comprehensive streaming services.

I would prefer to have them both and that is why I posted here. I wish for a Roon service that includes Amazon, Spotify and even YouTube Music (and music videos), but will stick with Roon if they can just add Amazon Music.

You should tell Amazon. It’s not Roon that doesn’t want to

5 Likes

I seem to remember something from Roon where they said Amazon was not interested in any kind of partnership with Roon.
It is not possible for Roon to deliver it without work being done by Amazon. It doesn’t look like there will be any more big services as Apple, Spotify, Deezer and Amazon want to live in their gardens and not allow the deep access to the data that is required by Roon.
It’s a pity from a choice perspective, but it is what it is

3 Likes

I have contacted Amazon about working with Roon as well as making all of their Echo devices Roon endpoints.

4 Likes