Android 14 gains support for lossless audio formats

What settings in Android were you using for that.

In Qobuz using the album I shared 24/192 I was only getting the light for max 24/96 which might be what you are saying.

Are you changing any of the developer option settings?

Ok I can confirm that if I put my KA2 in then the lights go from blue to Yellow with Qobuz. Good to know that as I never remember that happening in the past, but I had it set to 16/44 for streaming over mobile data

After updating to 14 on my Pixel 7 Pro, I can confirm it doesn’t seem to be working with every app and those that are working aren’t fully working. For instance someone above mentioned Qobuz maxing out at 96khz. I can confirm this to be the case as well as PlexAmp. Roon also seems to see audio converting to 48khz going on.

Hopefully this is something the app developers can fix and get working 100%.

At least it’s something at least. I’m still using my iPad for my dongle DAC sessions for that bit perfect love. Just want the same on my Pixel! :pray::crossed_fingers::crazy_face:

1 Like

I have the settings I showed above, I have changed nothing. I tend not to listen to anything from Qobuz above 96k, the music I listen to tends not to be in 192k.
I had to hunt for a 192k track to test it.

1 Like

Sorry I ended updating my post to show that on a different DAC it worked exactly as you said.
It was mainly the lack of change using the iFi DAC that caused confusion

1 Like

After Google made some noise around Pixel 8 will get bit perfect audio - I did get a Pixel 8 last month - running the latest Android 14. Not only it seems there is no bit perfect audio yet - but also half of my external DACs are not compatible anymore.
My Moondrop Moonriver 2 as well as the 2 Ti work just fine using a Pixel 6a - with the Pixel 8 - all I can hear is random noise. With the non Ti version that noise also comes at max volume.
My Cayin RU6 does still work - but all I get is resampled 48 KHz out of the phone.
Thats with Roon ARC - and the same when I use the Tidal App for example.
So this is rather disappointing so far. Google Support tells me they are not aware of any issues. Although I can find other users describe the same issues on other forums.
What is your experience - does anybody else use one of the late Pixel Devices?
With iPhone or iPad - there are no issues whatsoever …

1 Like

Maybe one day Apple will actually do something…

I think the issue here is with Google not Apple.
I have a 6a it works fine with Tidal, UAPP with all USB devices. I use ARC but with BT only.
Terrible that you’re experiencing this on a flagship phone…

Sorry I meant that yes, Apple Music supports higher formats, but nice of their devices (except the home pod do). No headphones, not Airplay etc