Android DAP with Roon?

I just tried the Onkyo HF unlocker (I like the interface better than the Fiio music app) on my X5 3rd gen and it converts everything to 48khz. Are you saying it should be able to play higher PCM rates and native DSD also throug HF player on headphone out or only with a USB Dac?

Unfortunately, it resamples to 48k on headphone and line out.

Mike - I know this is an old thread, but is Roon Labs any closer to getting the android app to access the internal DAC of an android based DAP.
Very frustrating as I recently bought the excellent and budget priced FiiO M11. Oobuz works fine but Roon continues not to work fine :frowning:
As so many people must have adroid based DAPs, having the roon app lacking this core functionality is very frustrating. I’d pay for the android app!!!

1 Like

Hi, hi i have too FiiO m11 and i use Roon rock system on NUC8i7BEH. Yes i don’t understand why roon cannot make native dsd on this device. Its Android mistake All mix to 16 bit. I am so happy use this Fiio-m11 but roon make not support for this dac. Pls make it something with. Thx

1 Like

I can play HiRes and DSD Native up to 512 (I tried 64 & 128) on my iBasso DX220 using Mango Player and UAPP. Tidal unfolds MQA up to 192kHz, UAPP 96. Qobuz playback up to 192kHz. There is spec info on notification bar. Roon Remote playback can do only 48kHz. I hope it will change in near future.

Another request to resolve this Android issue. I just got my first DAP (a DX220) myself and am disappointed that Roon is the only app anymore that seems to have issues with Android resampling.

Well, this statement is 3 years old … I’m not sure if anything is going to happen any time soon …

Hey I’m using a HiBy R6. The Qobuz app is able to play at 192KHz, so I do not think that the Roon app will face this limitation. I hope Roon will quickly release the option to play not just at compatibility settings but at much higher resolution too.

Kai Chong

image image

1 Like

This is not new…Been around a long time :nerd_face: