Android Remote Connection problems to Roon Rock

Did you mean to write Orbi router here, or what kind of router are you using? If you have Orbi, can you check this aspect?

Netgear Orbi Routers

If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.

Hi,
Orbi is in AP mode, so only using the WiFi.

Router is TL-R470T+
On which IGMP is disabled from start… years ago

According to TP-Links website, this appears to be a load-balancing router that only supports 10/100 speeds:

I suspect that the QoS services on it are causing some sort of multicast issue. I would try the Orbi as a router when you have a chance to see if the issue persists.

Hi,
That’s correct but internal network traffic is handled by a 16 channel 1Gb network switch (Linksys LGS116P). The loadbalancer is only used to assign IP addresses and to handle internet traffic because I use two internet connections.’

The router and Orbi are both connected to the switch to handle internal traffic. So I think the load balancer is not the issue. By the way it has been working for 7 years like this already and the issues I am having are since Roon 2.xxx

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.