Andy Bell in the band Ride is not also in the band Erasure

When I click on the band member Andy Bell in Ride I am taken to the bio of Andy Bell from erasure, Ride albums are also present in this bio.

1 Like

Thanks @booped. Edit made.

Hi @joel,

Resurrecting this thread because the bio for Andy Bell (of Ride) appears to be accompanied by a picture of Andy Bell (singer of Erasure).

Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian, our metadata on the backend look correct here. i.e. The bio does not match up with a picture of the Erasure Andy Bell. Have you done any artist merging or image edits?

Without any edits, I’d expect you to have this image:

It’s the same for me as well, I have not merged any artists.

This one shows two Andy Bells both the one from Erasure.

Thanks Simon. I just did a search and got Welsh Andy Bell with the wrong image :confused:

Roping in @support proper here.

Oh, have either of you reported a bad image to allmusic? There’s a chance that this changed very recently.

I haven’t reported a bad image to Allmusic but when I look on their website, the images for each of the Andy Bells appear to be correct. Therefore I don’t think there is a bad image to report to them.

Thanks Ian. We’ll have to dig a little deeper here.

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your quick reply earlier. I responded by e-mail but I don’t think it worked…

I’ve not done any editing or merging, but I don’t have the artist image from your earlier post. This is what the Artist Editor shows:

I have just noticed some further strange behaviour – if I click on the artist photo from the Search Results page, the artist bio page has an image of the artist in a small circle. Clicking the < back arrow and then clicking the artist again, the image becomes a full width image. Repeating this then alternates between the image in the circle and the full width!

None of this particularly bothers me, but thought you might want to know.

Regards,

Ian

1 Like

Hi @Ian_Grant1 and @CrystalGipsy. I’ve discussed this internally; the best course of action in this case is for you to do a manual image edit. Apologies for the inconvenience.

this is still a problem I get Andy from Erasure on every albums with Oasis, Ride and Beady Eye and it’s not only the picture that is wrong.

Indeed. Andy Bell is not Andy Bell

I think the incorrect link comes from TIDAL.

On “Cherry Cola”, which Andy Bell should it be?

Hi @joel ,
It should be the middle Andy Bell, not the left Andy Bell.

1 Like

It appears the two Andy Bells are mixed up on Qobuz as well using the Qobuz app.

Hey guys, I’ve contacted both TIDAL and Qobuz about this; let’s see what happens…

1 Like