Antipodes DS GT

I bought an Antipodes DS GT 5 years ago and I am told that this model will soon no longer be compatible with Roon.

How long do you think I can keep my DS GT model?
Is the rumor true?

I love the sound from my DS GT

Who is telling you and what is the reason not supported?

Moved to the #audio-gear-talk:antipodes area

What software version is it on?

1.8. Build 970

antipodes want to sell me the update to S30, because the DS won’t be able to support Roon it anymore, I don’t understand why

No I meant what version software is the DS running.
If it’s ARM.3.1x you are fine.
If it’s still 2.x then you might have issues

I have no idea…I searched on google and couldn’t find anything. does anyone know?

You need to connect to the DS itself via it’s IP address, that will show you it’s version.
Only that will tell you.
See this as an example

Tank you
AMS 3.13
T you

1 Like

Then I would say that whatever rumour you have heard is exactly that…a rumour.

Don’t worry about it and as long as you are happy with the performance of your DS you should be all set until you decide to change it.

I was in a similar situation with my old Edge unit, could have got a great deal on the S30 as a trade in but I didn’t need too so I did not bother.

Sure it’s a little down in horsepower but still upsamples to dsd256 without falling flat on its face.

1 Like

…i just updated my antipodes DS from 3.12 to 3.13
Now 3.13

1 Like

I search on the web the difference between e firmware 3.12 and 3.13. I couldn’t find anything on the subject.
is there a difference?

thank you for reassuring me about my DS GT, so I will keep it, unless you tell me that the S30 is a big advantage (no power supply)

thank you for reassuring me about my DS GT, so I will keep it, unless you tell me that the S30 is a big advantage (no power supply)

I honestly can’t say whether the S30 is a big advantage or not but you certainly should be able to carry on using the DS for the foreseeable future.

I will probably just keep using my Edge until forced to change it.

Merci du Québec…Magog

Well I did just that: upgrading from DSGT to S30+S60.
In my case the improvement in sound quality was larger than I expected. That also can be one reason why Antipodes wants you to upgrade, the new machines really sound much better.
Now I can say that the DSGT sounded rather ‘edgy’ compared to the S30. So ask your dealer or Antipodes what they can do for you is my advice.
I am still very happy that I did the upgrade. I believe that with the S30 player I’m now in high end walhalla.

1 Like