Roon TUI: A Roon Remote for the terminal - New: Zone Presets (v0.3.0)

Version 0.0.6 of Roon TUI is now available!

This is the biggest update Roon TUI has had till this point. I hope the new features turn out to be useful.

Re-select your profile!

The first time you run version 0.0.6 you should go to Settings → Profile in the Browse View to re-select the profile you want to use. This is a one time action resulting from the reliance on the multi-session keys of the Roon API. Without this step the default (first created) profile will be used!

Queue Modes

This release introduces, what I called, Queue Modes. Queue Modes are used to keep the music going when the queue runs out of music. The Queue Mode every Roon user is familiar with is Roon Radio, where Roon adds tracks to the queue based on the last played track and its algorithms.

Roon TUI adds two more modes, which you might know from my Random Radio extension, being Random Album and Random Track. These modes add a random album or track from your library to the queue, just before the queue runs out. By starting playback on an empty queue, while in one of the random modes, the random selection starts off.

Queue Modes are selected with Ctrl-q.

Head over to the project README for the details.

More global keybindings

Global keybindings are added for volume control, previous and next track, queue mode control etc. Check the updated list in the project README.

Changelog

• Use multi_session_key in Browse
  • Implement Roon Radio as a Queue Mode
  • Prepare for additional Queue Modes
  • Implement Random Album and Random Track Queue Modes
  • Implement a hack for clearing the Queue
  • Implement Play action for Random Album/Track
  • Fix bug in Queue Mode initialization
  • Update Ratatui to v0.23.0
  • Implement Queue Mode append action
  • Add global keybindings for Volume, Next, Prev, Queue Mode Append
  • Update to rust-roon-api 0.0.6