Anyone Cancelling Sirius XM Radio Since ARC Released?

Now that ARC has arrived and works exceptionally well, is anyone else seriously considering cancelling their Sirius XM Radio Subscription?

Not I, for two primary reasons:

1. Poor cell service is ARC’s weakness. There is nothing Roon can do about crappy cell service, which we have in the hills of Pennsylvania.
  2. I also listen to the sports channels on SXM.
1 Like

I would except my wife uses the car much more than I do (it’s her car actually) and she ALWAYS uses Sirius Radio.

Nope, the thought didn’t even enter my mind. Two completely different things.

I would like Roon to actually integrate Sirius into their platform. I’m sure this is a two-way street, though. When I listen to Sirius at home I do it via the BlueSound app as it sounds much much better.

It’s funny because I was thinking just that this morning. I’ve been playing ARC almost exclusively in my Bronco but I’m not sure how reliable it will be on long road trips. Sirius plays everywhere. I think a little more time is necessary to come to an informed decision. Also, Sirius has NPR.

Sirius is 100 percent reliable using satellite technology. Roon ARC uses cellular and is far from 100 percent reliable. I hope Sirius stays away from Roon and vice versa.

I actually did this! I really got sick of the hearing the same songs over and over again since their playlists are very limited. I figured I spent enough on Roon lifetime, I don’t need to continue to pay for Sirius. I live in New York so cell service is great everywhere. If I knew I were going on a road trip, I’d probably cache some stuff to my phone in either ARC or Youtube Music.

Yes ever since arc came out. Arc is almost there. As for a backup for poor cell service, I have 2000 cds burned on my phone so I can use car play to play those songs if arc doesn’t work. I also have a few 60G SSD’s with playlists ripped to them do I can cable these to my car and play them too. I think I got these for $10 off ebay

Mine is cancelled. I don’t miss it. I get far more enjoyment from Roon.