Anyone got the older BluOS firmware for T778?

I unfortunately had to reset BluOS and now due to the latest firmware bug cant use Roon. Anyone got a copy of the older firmware they could share for the T778? I have reached out to NAD and BS but dont expect an answer until next week. :palms_up_together:

Quick edit:
I found mine for the M33 through other threads here on their ftp website. But it doesn’t look like the T778 is listed.

1 Like

It is it’s just not called after the T778 but the MDC card it uses for it. However it refuses point blank to see any USB stick I have put in with the firmware img on it. I take it it’s just drag the .img file to root of the stick? I even bought a new one this morning and it’s the same. BluOS sees the usb stick via the app as a music source just the update but won’t. Very annoying. Is there anything I am doing wrong here?

We have different units, but I’d believe the device menu should be relatively the same. You have to do this from the unit itself, not the BluOS app:

• make sure you extracted the img file from the zip you downloaded
  • add the img file to a USB drive
  • connect the USB drive to your unit
  • access the menu from your unit and go to: settings > other > BluOS Upgrade
  • a pop up will show telling you that the unit will reboot in upgrade mode > select yes

From there, the unit will reboot and access the image in the USB file. It took my device a minute to show anything, just be patient. Reading from a USB is slow, so after the USB is detected, you should see the progress bar. Once finished, the unit will reboot again and be ready in the older firmware.

At this point, readopt your unit via BluOS app your device should now be showing as Roon Ready.

Hope this helps you!

I had done all that countless times. As I said it doesn’t see the usb stick at all. It skips and goes to look over network even with network disconnected. It looks for it but says can’t find one so something wrong with BluOS here I feel as t recognises it in the BluOS App before going to the update screen as a USB to read music from but as soon as it goes into this mode for updating it just doesn’t see it.

I recall that for upgrades the USB input can be a bit picky about the USB device used. Try an an old stick with less than 2G, formatted as just FAT (not FAT32)

Tried 3 different sticks no dice, but it reads them in the BluOS app so I don’t think this is the problem, it’s just likely a mount issue when it’s running the BluOS updater.

NAD just sorted it for me. Have to say their remote ability to downgrade is very good, took a few minutes from me sending the linkup code they requested. So Roon is back in da house until the next time they break functionality.