Appending Playlists in ARC

I can’t find a way to update the downloaded version of my playlist with tracks I’ve added since first downloading it. I would expect to say download playlist again and ARC would see what it already has and add the new tracks to my downloads. Maybe I’m looking at this the wrong way.

I noticed this during the beta - I think Roon have it planned for a future release.

As a workaround you can delete the download, and then download again.

Thank you for confirming this Greg. That seems like a big missed opportunity. I’m not keen to be downloading 8GB playlists repeatedly. However, I have found a way to get arouny my CGNAT using Tailscale so the need to download playlists is massively reduced. I had thought mu only option for ARC would be downloads. With that in mind I can see why the priority for appending to downloaded playlists has been downgraded.

Hi, i also do not want to delete playlists when appending. What was your workaround?

My workaround was not to download them at all. Then I moved to not even using ARC and returning to using Plexamp instead. I look forward to future versions of ARC that work for me.

1 Like