Apple Library in Nucleus

Hi

I’m running roon core in an old Mac Mini but it’s becoming clumsy and sometimes non responsive. Surely needs a replacement.
I’m thinking about moving to a Roon Nucleus but I’m worried about the integration with my Apple Music Library.
Apple music (and formerly iTunes) was the software I used to rip my CDs and therefore contains all my digital library, now in lossless quality.
The question is if I’ll be alble to integrate the apple music library in a new Roon Nucleus and what shall I do to keep enjoyin it.
Thanks in advance

Hi @Marc_Tierz, welcome to the Community. Yes, this is possible with purchased and ripped AAC and ALAC files stored on your Mac and accessible via the legacy iTunes/new Apple Music directory.

I use iTunes/Apple Music to rip my CDs or add downloaded purchased ALAC files from other sources to my music directory on my Mac. My Roon server is on a Windows 11 PC, and I copy the files over to it via the network when I add new music using the same directory structure as used on my Mac’s Apple Music location.

Migrating to a Nucleus is straightforward, with online guides posted below:

The only issue is that Roon does integrate with Apple Music directly in the same way as Qobuz or Tidal. If you need to bring streaming files from Apple Music to Roon, Roon does not support this.