Apple Music High Res

you need a cable. if you want to use wireless apple or beat headphone are required mandatory. apple supports apple. period.

btw that artilc is from 2021ā€¦ meanwhile a lot of further updates happenedā€¦forget wireless with apple music for spatial w/o apple headphones. no chance. period.

Iā€™m using my Moon Audio Black Dragon Portable cable as we speak. Also, Chord Mojo 2 DAC. Just listening to some spatial to see if itā€™s really any better than stereo. I never mentioned anything about spatial or wireless spatial. You brought that up, not me.

stereo is from the past. it did serve many many years well. however it is time to move on :slight_smile:

your first post is about bluetooth! that is wireless. not reason for me at all to use a sony with bluetooth with apple music. this is not my recommendation at all. take an apple headphone for bluetooth with apple music. :slight_smile:

You are arguing with yourself, making a strawman argument about something I did not even say or bring up.

4 Likes

yes, that was your post. and i say, it does not sound! because it does not support spatial audo. so, you may like it, fine. but not for me or anyone else this combination please.

Virtually all music is recorded in stereo and basically nothing is in Atmos. It wonā€™t be time to move on for a very long time, assuming that spatial becomes the new standard (which has yet to be decided).

While I love some of the mixes Iā€™ve heard in spatial, it is incredibly premature to bin off stereo in its entirety.

Only a handful of music services support it with two big ones (Spotify and YouTube Music) skipping support entirely.

2 Likes

read the article posted above. I am out here too. thank you!

Interesting. I didnā€™t notice anything I really enjoyed on spatial enough to think about it. It does have some unique capabilities though.

listen to some more records. then you will realize too. promised! if you make music yourself, e.g. Logic has built in support. so super easy to compareā€¦but best to trust your own ears :slight_smile:

The way I see it, without head tracking, spatial audio is just an enhanced stereo effect that can, in theory, be used with any headphones. Head tracking is not just a gimmick, since it seems that without it, head movements can cause the spatial effect to collapse inside the head.
That being said, spatial audio while walking doesnā€™t make much sense.

1 Like

no sir. i love it with headtracking especiall when walking!! however please note, there are plenty of articles now in the web, how to combine service and headphones, it is not a matter of money. super expensive headphones can sound really lousy with apple music spatialā€¦. so, when using apple go with apple. when using amazon or tidal supporting sony 360 or dolby atmos again other headphones might be better. so, the combination is important. super easiest way: pick everything from the fruit company or surf the web for your specific combination. article above is pretty uptodate from end of Juneā€¦My tipp: read :slight_smile:

Old article from mid of 21 about headphones and spatial with apple musicā€¦so, take care about your combination if you want to enjoy! or simply stay with apple itself when using apple music. have fun! I tried Apple's Dolby Atmos music on a selection of headphones. Here's my verdict | T3

Well, if head tracking works 360, and if the band/orchestra is in front of you while walking down the street, itā€™s going to move to your left when you take a right turn. And when you go back, itā€™s going to move behind you. Turning your back on the artists would be rude. But if it doesnā€™t work all the way, then at some point sound is going to turn with you, and your brain might just collapse the effect for an instant, and that would be annoying. I think spatial on the go makes sense only when used with VR/AR.

Interesting thoughts. How about trying practically :slight_smile:

Itā€™s pretty good for watching tv as the tv stays where it is when you move your head, but with music things can get confused. IMO, a gimmick, but to each his own.

2 Likes

BTW headtracking is not something apple came up with. We had this already many many years ago. Here some tests to Beyer Dynamic from 2008 that timeā€¦Calling it a ā€œgimmickā€ā€¦lolā€¦ okā€¦ But each his own. Always a pleasure to read you stuff here folks :slight_smile: Beyerdynamic Headzone Home Headtracker Test | Testberichte.de

Still working great : And not for sale :slight_smile: