Apple Music High Res

Great find. Thank you!

1 Like

well 24/96 in most scenarios requires a DAC too. You can go with 48/24 without one. Think my iMac supports 96 but no iPhone or iPad w/o DAC. +++ Meanwhile I agree to the Apple Music boss, it is all about spatial audio… For my stuff spatial audio brings most of the fun. Sure, you need th Apple headphones for that to have really fun,

1 Like
  • 14-inch MacBook Pro and 16-inch MacBook Pro support native playback of songs at sample rates up to 96 kHz.

Yep, but no iDevice

This is good stuff, thanks for letting us know. I just checked out Carrie Underwood doing Ozzy’s “Mama I’m Coming Home”. She did a good job, though I prefer the heavier original Ozzy version.

1 Like

Call me crazy, but Apple Music via Bluetooth to Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones is sounding really good.

EDIT1: Please don’t read anything into this other than what I said. I did not say or imply that Bluetooth sounds as good as, or better than, any wired connection. I also did not say anything, pro or con, about spatial audio.

EDIT2: Nor am I espousing the SQ of one pair of headphones versus any others.

EDIT3: I’m also not trying to define what constitutes “crazy.”

3 Likes

Believe can be quite powerful :wink:

Hihi, but no spatial audio possible via this way :frowning: so half the fun only imo

I don’t need spatial audio when I walk my dog.

Try it… I love it when walking outside….

1 Like

I do, when I go to the bother of connecting a dac. I just made a comment that bluetooth sounded good, that’s all.

yes, and I pointed out that you can not do spatial audio via this way when using the Sony headphones. so, to me this does not sound good, because myself demands for spatial audio. that is the reason, why I stay with apple music. next to the super smart AI meanwhile, doing classic stereo stuff myself would pick Qobuz or maybe Tidal, but not Apple.Just my two cents.

I use both Tidal and Qobuz at home, but I prefer stereo music vs spatial.

1 Like

you have the airpod max too when I remember correct. so, do spatial audio with them via bluetooth and compare to the Sony…

No, that’s not me.

ah, sorry. in a nutshell, forget the sony with apple music imo. use them with tidal or amazon for 360. they are supported by those streaming platforms. but not apple. when using bluetooth.

I use the Sony for noise cancelling when walking my dog or in the car (wife driving), not for spatial audio. I simply was surprised at how good they sounded with just a bluetooth connection. I usually use a Dragonfly Cobalt connected with Black Dragon cable when “out and about.”

hihi, myself would not use anything anymore that does not support spatial audio. whatever it sounds in stereo. this is from the past imo. :slight_smile:

there is a reason why sennheiser brothers sold their headphone business….