Apple Music High Res

On every Android based streamer like Eversolo and Hifi Rose you can install Apple Music and play it.

But integrating Apple Music into Roon like Qobuz or Tidal is a different game. And here Apple said clearly no. In the near future it will not happen.

Not on HiFi Rose though. Eversolo accepts apps from the store as is, so you can load it, HiFi Rose doesn’t, they have their own version that works with the screen layout and UI system.

1 Like

So can HiFi Rose play Apple Music in high resolution? I thought they said it does not because of Apple limitations.

Thanks,

No it cannot. They made their own app using the web kit API. It’s limited to aac and buggy as hell as they are jumping through hoops to make it work. Other players like Eversolo and FiiO just use Apples own apps like they do for all streaming, they are essentially like a phone and Android DAP in a big box there is no integration. What sets Eversolo apart is their screen care option so it casts its screen to your phone for easier operation, however Apple Musc doesn’t translate well to landscape format.

1 Like

Yes the Eversolo plays Apple Music (and Classical) lossless and they sound great.

However…they work as apps on the Eversolo and cant be controlled by the app or eversolo app so its a bit fiddly using it on the Eversolos touchscreen- it feels like when you use a webpage designed for PC on a phone- same for BBC music and presumably the other apps on it. You can cast to it but its not perfect either.
Its a relatively minor complaint though for the benefit it brings.

I use the Eversolo app to change up Apple music songs through the cast feature all the time.

1 Like

Thanks all for your responses.

I use a Mac mini runnin Roon and use the native Apple Music app on it to play Apple Music content via airplay to a raspberry pi streamer. I can control the Mac mini with the Remote app in iPhone. It’s not perfect but works.

I guess I will keep waiting and hope Apple allows better integration of AM.

Thanks,