Apple Music High Res

Mac can also suck with enough corporate spyware, e.g. JAMF.

Airplay updates coming according to reputable leaker. More info next month.

2 Likes

I would not hold your breath for fixing the AAC limitation

1 Like

Iā€™ve been holding my breath for years mate - still kickin :grin:

We had Airplay 1, then we had Airplay 2

Anybody that thinks Airplay 2 is the end of the line foreverā€¦

1 Like

I am sure you would get more of announcement if its whole new version.

What announcement?

Itā€™s a leak of what will be announced at WWDCā€¦ Thatā€™s why I wrote more next monthā€¦

Next iOSā€¦

2 Likes

Nothing is ever perfect for everybody.
Iā€™d used Airplay 1 via Airport Express optical(lossless) for a very long time. Now use Airplay 2(lossless) to wanderful RoPieeeXL.

What are you looking for or what is missing for you?

Airplay 2 terminology can be a little ambiguous ā€¦

as I understand it, if youā€™re streaming from an Airplay 2 enabled app to an Airplay 2 receiver, you get no better than AAC 256
(I think Apple Music with handoff/transfer to a HomePod is a special case that does support lossless) ā€¦

if you stream from an Airplay (aka Airplay 1) enabled app to an Airplay 2 receiver, you can get CD quality lossless, but it will be an Airplay 1 real-time stream (with the 2 second delay etc.)

Iā€™ve listened to both bit perfect and non bit perfect audio and I simply canā€™t decipher a big diff or life altering experience in any wayā€¦I have heard that they will fix this on Android 13 but still feel this to ve blown out of proportion

Apple will acquire Classical Music Label BIS Records: https://www.bis.se

1 Like

wow. does Apple own other record labels, or is this a first?

Itā€™s the first label for Apple.

Interestingly Apple had to deal with Apple Records (Beatles) back in the days. I guess the dispute ended with an agreement: neither will encroach into the others field.

Now Apple is apparently entering in the music field.

Since last night Iā€™ve been listening to Apple Music using my Dell XPS 15 (Windows 11), Chord Mojo 2, and Focal Clear headphones. It sounds really really good. Of course, the user interface is nowhere near as good as Roon, but I have all my Tidal and Qobuz favorites in Apple Music via Soundiz.

That Soundiiz looks really interesting. Just read @Jim_F post last night and then watched John Darkoā€™s latest video this morning and he was endorsing it. So just set it up, nice interface and just copied a Spotify play list to Tidal. Looks like quite a lot to investigate before I realise itā€™s full potential.

1 Like

Any more updates on Apple Music?
When are we able to get Apple Music integrated into Roon? I understand the limitation was on Appleā€™s side - SDK not good enough for developers to integrate it into their product.

Other have been struggling as well. Link below to Korean company who has shed some detail on the challenge.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

That wasnā€™t really it.

3 Likes

Thanks. I was hopping there was some progress since the last time I checked on this.

I will keep hoping.

Thanks,

I donā€™t think there was any news since then. Implementing this at the price of Roon not being Roon on every platform would be a huge change and I think we would have heard :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see that Eversolo DMP - A6 has integrated Apple Music. They seem to have installed the Android version of Apple Music in the device and it claim it can play hi-res Apple Music streams.

Interesting.

It can. I remember Darko reviewing the A6 and he was playing hi-res Apple Music on it.