Apple Music High Res

Highly unlikely since they didn’t bother with it on its native Mac home. Would be a stick in the eye for Apple users if it did.

1 Like

The best way is to use an iPhone or iPad to hook up to the dac. Then you get the correct rate and hires. If you have a newer iPad with usb-c, then you can skip using the camera connector.

1 Like

Apple Music Preview plays the proper resolution on a Windows 11 computer.

Wow, so it works on windows but not a Mac. Kind of sad.

Not sad, but ironic.

I still think Apple released lossless before all the pieces were ready just to beat Spotify. Then once Spotify never came out with lossless, Apple was in no hurry to work on the hardware piece.

There’s new rumors Spotify will finally announce lossless next month during their stream on event. Maybe they’ll let us know it’s still coming and then another 2 years go by without the release. Don’t trust Spotify until it actually happens.

Apple Music lossless, high resolution is all I need as fallback for Roon and/or when I’m out of hotspot data away from home. It sounds great and works great on iPhones, iPads, and now Windows 11. Also works great on CarPlay.

Is this verified by your DAC changing sample rates or via the UI in Apple Music?

My Chord Mojo 2.

How do you get it as I can find no way of downloading it

Well, somethings not working correctly now. I’ll have to figure it out later as we’re watching a movie. Everything is playing at 44.1 right now. I downloaded it from Microsoft store.

Never mind, it’s working OK.

Not available in the UK then as it doesnt show up. I would be very surprised if its bitperfect as iTunes wasnt so cant see this being especially with it not on their own hardware.

Simon if you are talking about Apple Music for Windows 11, it is currently in preview so not available without the link.
The link is here Microsoft Apps

You probably want to use Edge to download it :slight_smile:

(has to have other uses, besides downloading Chrome and seeing loads of shopping links etc)

The following page describes how to install it, but there are several others out on the Web as well

Its limited to US only, just found a video on it, as I have 3 months free trial just wanted to test its bit perfectness. I have had it a month and not used it once, other to download some missing purchaes I forgot about from yesteryear.

As is often sadly the case.
I had read a few articles but had not interest in it.

1 Like

Sadly I have to care about windows. I make my living with Solidworks, Ansys, and such, and those exist in the windows world. It’s still a steaming pile of crap, but it pays my mortgage. :slight_smile:

Sheldon

3 Likes

Ehhhhh…not really. I don’t think Genesis is really doing a song called “Happy Twerkday”

2 Likes

I subscribe to Spotify, Apple Music, Qobuz, Tidal

All have this issue unfortunately (talking generally, no for this particular artist example)

1 Like

She’s there for me and I live in the US. Good album, especially lead track. Better yet in many levels from that part of Europe is Agnes Obel. Superb! She has 4 alb7ms and they’re all excellent and quite well produced.

Yeh since my 2021 post that you replied to, Qobuz catalogue has improved significantly

Lots was missing then. Less is missing now.

1 Like