Apple Music High Res

There is a thread here with that info.

4 % ! About what i expected in 18-30 group

3.7% are using roon as an alternative offered by their 32% parents instead of grounded punishment!!! :rofl: Which leaves roon fauna with only 0.3% young enthusiasts.

2 Likes

Either that, or they don’t like polls.

1 Like

Interesting concept.

1 Like

I do not thank you very much.

1 Like

Why pay for the cow when you can get the milk for free? :laughing:

1 Like

For classical music, AM has the best curation in the business. Maybe for other genres it’s different.

1 Like

The question is whether people will begin to use Roon at a certain age (roughly 40). If not, I’m afraid Roon is a dying proposition.

I can see that. For hip hop, it was tidal. But tidal excelled at other genres too better than Spotify, AM or Qobuz. Indie, alternative, folk, rock and electronic I preferred Tidal. Spotify is great at Pop.

1 Like

I know this heresy here but I just set my DAC to 192 and leave it. I’m 65 with mild tinnitus so what’s some zero padding to me?

4 Likes

I believe it has more to do with the passion for all things audio that with the age. It is almost impossible to get/build/have that kind of passion (as a youngster) these days, when everything around you it’s as superficial and about convenience as it can get

Not to mention most people I know listen to music as a way to “fill the air”, not to actually listen.

2 Likes

That, to me, is one of the saddest things I’ve seen happen to music over the past two decades. It just doesn’t occupy the same space in our society as it once did. For most people, it’s relegated to wallpaper now; something you listen to passively while doing a dozen other things.

2 Likes

It’s a product. Bought by different people for different reasons and purposes. Nothing I owe anything to as long as I pay for it.

Everything is a product, of course. You don’t “owe” anything to anyone once you’ve paid for a good or service. Reducing music to that level of commodity without the emotional interest is what has changed, and, that, to me, is an overall negative development.

We’re not talking about a washing machine, for crying out loud.

Agreed. But it’s an individual decision if to adore and respect or simple to use as in play in an elevator. Nothing wrong with both.

2 Likes

Anyone can do whatever they want with their money. Someone could buy an incredible bottle of wine and pour it down the drain if they felt like it but that doesn’t change the fact that if you love wine, it’ll still make you sad.

Also, if all art continues further down the path of productisation, in general (not just music) we will all be worse off for it.

That is just my opinion and I wouldn’t blame anyone for doing whatever they like with their own hard earned money.

Isn’t part of the (off topic) truth, that this has been happening for a long time? Contemporary art markets being rigged to push insane prices. Art being used to store money within and locked away in tax free havens? NFTs to touch the newest cray 

Music being done by an ‘industry’. Those innocent days if they ever were real date back to the Stone Age maybe.

The only real and genuine artists we probably find in the streets. Not on Tidal or Vinyl.

2 Likes