Apple Music High Res

The apple TV app is smoother anyway from my experience, just cool for people that don’t have one.

I dropped Apple TV+ when my free year ran out. I never used it.

I just now switched from Tune My Music to Soundiiz. It’s almost impossible to log into Tune My Music most of the time.

1 Like

yup, up and running with shairport-sync as airplay endpoint. using little pi again with ropieee xl. ropieee xl has NAA too :hugs: super easy setup :hugs: roon bridge of course too :hugs: seems to be a super fantastic piece of software again :hugs: using shairport-sync you have very mighty options for tweaking airplay :hugs: you can even switch the used ALAC decoder and more :hugs: (need a toslink/coax hat for the pi, before entering sw optimization like upsampling. want to avoid usb.)

How do people feel about the animated album covers ?

1 Like

I’m a fan. Find them very slick…nice touch!

2 Likes

Unnecessary. But as you can turn them off I don’t care :wink:

1 Like

Maybe interesting for Airport Express fans, Apple Music switches with Shairport-Sync to Atmos track via Airplay. Airport Express (2nd gen) plays always Stereo track, regardless of settings for Atmos on iPad. Did not dig into this further as not so much doing with Atmos. But liked to mention. If nothing new, please ignore.

Hm, seems to be double the fun with movies too…Like said myself not so much in Atmos….And no headtracking via this way of course…

Apple Music High Res fun in the home office:

6 Likes

Loving the stuff from Douk :hugs:

Hehe… Good thing they’re built to last… :wink:

1 Like

That is one clean setup, kudos.

Get this camera adapter if you want to keep power to your iPhone.

Not necessary here: that little stand the iPhone is stuck onto is a Magsafe charger. :smiley:

1 Like

hihi, if you take a look at Dragonfly Cobalt manual….Audioquest says, that one with lightning has better SQ compared to regular CCC. Actually myself pretty much done now with all setups. Waiting for Hifiberry Tos/Coax Hat, as I believe that sounds better than USB (comparing with Airport Express via Tos right now). For iPad/iPhone setup prefer not to have any cable anymore at the iOS devices itself. Just a matter of personal preference. For Highend taking NAA anyway with Qobuz.

Just don’t use the wifi on the Pi when using for audio. The wifi will give a horrible noise floor when activated…

I have a portable RPi4 with screen and battery powered that I use around the house. No noise at all.

no bluetooth, no wifi.already super great SQ with Pi :hugs: But comparing to Toslink Input…just a bit worth imo…maybe placebo :sweat_smile:

Are you using sensitived IEMs in your chain? If not you will likely not hear it but its there…

1 Like

will check! thank you!

No, Focal Clear headphones or Sony WH-1000XM3.

1 Like