ARC access - likely double NAT

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Salt Fiber Box (doesn’t have bridge mode) + Eero mesh network (switching between Bridge and automatic didn’t make a difference)

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

This is the error I get in ARC setup:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

I have a double NAT setup:

ModemMain eeroSwitchSecond eero (actually, I have 3 switches around the network – it doesn’t matter).

I opened the port in the modem pointing to the main eero IP address. Then I opened the same port in the eero mesh network toward the Mac’s IP address running the Roon Core.

It works as expected. Basically, with double NATs, you have to open twice the wanted port because you have two network “layers”.

Hey @Kris_K,

Thanks for writing in, and my apologies for the delay in following up. After digging into your specific router, the Salt Fiber Box, it looks like you may have an IPv6 address.

If possible, can you check with your ISP to see if you’re able to get a static IPv4 IP? Here is another thread based on the Salt box : Port forwarding issue with Salt. Box (Switzerland) - #15 by Georgethesixth

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.