ARC and Roon zones

Hi!

The FAQ reads:

Does ARC control Roon Zones?

Not yet. For now, ARC supports playback through your phone, tablet, or DAP using built-in outputs, USB, Bluetooth, and AirPlay depending on what your device supports. Allowing control of Roon zones is something we have planned for the future.

I’d like to ask what that means. Will we be able to stream from ARC to streaming devices?
In some cases that would be extremely helpful!

It means quite literally what the FAQ says.

The same in other words:

• ARC doesn’t play to RAAT zones, its only output is the built-in phone output. It’s meant as a mobile player after all.
  • But you can redirect the default phone output in one of these ways:
    — Attach an external USB DAC
    — Use system AirPlay (on iOS) or system Chromecast (on Android) to play to AirPlay/Chromecast receivers
    — Use Bluetooth
  • Integration with Roon Zones is planned for the future There is at least one open Feature Suggestions topic that’s asking for this, where you can add your vote

Thank you. I was referring to “planned for the future”. I wonder if anyone (devs here?) could explain what “control of zones” exactly means. Sending audio to receivers or just basic functionality like start/stop?

Saying that it is planned for the future is already much more than they usually say about plans, so I doubt they will go into details

I see. Thank you.