ARC B 231 Missing playlists from other users

Hi everyone,
I just noted, that since the last beta I can’t see playlists from different users, that are not shared. In the Roon App, I do see them as usual. In the Roon ARC app not.

Hi, @Kersten_Kusch, thank you for the report. Could you, please, provide an example (screenshot) from Roon of a playlist which is not available in Roon ARC for your currently selected profile? Could you, please, also provide the info:

• Ownership info of this affected playlist
  • Profile browser view settings screenshot

As on my screenshots below:

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @ivan ,
here you go. Hope this helps you, to narrow the issue down.

All these playlists (image below) don’t appear, in the other profiles in Roon Arc:

Thank you! Am I getting it right that this Neue Musik playlist which was created under profile Lars is not visible in Roon ARC when you use a profile which is different to Lars?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @ivan,
yes, your absolutely right!

Hm, interesting. I am bit surprised, to be honest, that it was possible previously. Your first screenshot says that the owner is Lars which means that this playlist is not shared between profile and thus should not be available for other profiles when viewing the Playlists browser neither in Roon nor in Roon ARC. I’ve

Could you, please, confirm that when you switch to any other profile then Lars in Roon, you can still see the Neue Musik playlist?

Here’s is what I get in case I have a profile created by Ivan #2, the owner is Ivan #2 and playlist is not shared:

And then switch to my main profile Ivan – this playlist is not visible in the browser anymore:

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @ivan
see my side here.
This is my view (user Lars, only not shared playlists)

This is the view of user Claudia:

with these settings:

Therefore we expected, that all playlists are shared, when clicking on the corresponing user’s name in the select menu. Only when they are shared, everyone can see the playlist in his own playlist selection.

Yes, your screenshots above mean that the app is behaving as expected. We still allow to see playlists from other profiles when switching them in the selector with the Shared playlists switch. However, I am going to pass this along to the product team.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.