ARC B264 High Idle Battery Usage on Android 14

As others have also observed, I’ve had fairly high idle battery usage on ARC builds for a while (S22, Android 14) but the most recent B264 has turned my phone into a pocket warmer when ARC is in the background, with correspondingly high battery usage, for example 25% over working hours. This makes it pretty unusable in practice. @Early_Access is this something team Roon are aware of? I can’t see any new reports so far…Thanks!

Edit: I did have battery usage set to Unrestricted, as I thought that was needed for correct operation. I have changed to Optimised so will see how that pans out.

There is one here

Sure, hence I said “as others have also observed”, but that was many builds ago, rather than highlighting any difference with this build.

Yeah, it’s cropped back up again after getting better for a bit. Yesterday ARC used literally 50% of my phone’s battery doing nothing at all. @Early_Access can we seriously get this looked into?

1 Like

Try restricted, it may help more.

I just tried to answer “is this something team Roon are aware of?”

I’ve been bringing this issue up for months now and the Roon team hasn’t really done anything to try and solve it.

Thanks, will play around with these settings a little. I’m guessing this will break things like smart downloads though at the very least.

I’m guessing the increase in usage relates to this:

…although today, when battery use is set to optimised, it seems to have got a handle on itself with regards to battery usage at least.