ARC bit-perfect in Android phone! [To External USB-DAC]

Will bit perfect also come for Roon remote on Android?

Edit: Was already answered above
Brian above

1 Like

Was anybody successful in playing MQA to a Dragonfly Cobalt (purple light)?

Dragonfly Cobalt here and all I get is the Blue light indicating 48k stream.

Is the Dragonfly a decoder, renderer or both?

From what I read before Arc is not currently doing the first decode which means it would need a DAC capable of doing both to get MQA to work.

Roon app and Tidal app currently do this first unfold but ARC doesn’t (again from reading threads) so there is no current way to do this without a DAC that does both.

Good point. It is a renderer only so there will be no MQA possible on the Dragonfly at present until there is a change in ARC. It does state that in the FAQ’s.

Thanks

1 Like

There was mention one of the thread’s yesterday that it is on the roadmap, but DSP is the next big development.

1 Like

No MQA unfolding, your DAC needs to be decoder and renderer at present.

Doesn’t help Android Digital Audio Players that have high end dac chips either . Roon Arc just shows high quality not bit perfect .

1 Like

Original roon app has also option for playing to smartphone like arc.

Shows as “High Quality” in ARC if played through the Xperia. Should it not show as Bit Perfect?

So you have ‘volume sync’ setting on the Gryphon enabled? (Otherwise I guess ‘hardware volume control’ wouldn’t work at all…)
I had issues with this on my iPhone as well. Decided to disable the volume sync feature and just use the volume knob on the Gryphon.

I see what you mean. Can’t you just use the ARC app for that now?

Regarding the max volume issue, is there any workaround for a DAC dongle without volume buttons (i.e. Quedtyle M15)?

Thanks.

Samsung M11 + Cayin RU6 works flawless. :slight_smile:
Well done Roon Team. :+1:

1 Like

I should have read your post before enabling the usb driver - I did just blew my ears out completely. Using sensitive BA IEMS with a moonriver 2 amp. I did start the song with the media volume on the mobile set to a minimum - as I always do with IEMs - nevertheless the ARC app started the song with max volume - that needs to be fixed!!!
When the issue is gone and I can hear again - I am happy to test the bit perfect playback - sorry for being cynical - but I am a bit surprised Roon did publish this feature without having this covered …

Roon found the issue last yesterday with a small number of DACs and are already working on a fix for the next release, which are sort of weekly to by weekly at the moment.

It should probably have stayed in beta longer, but the same thing seems to happen as they widen the audience with the huge variety of setups we have

The KA1 supports MQA but only rendering, not decoding, so I guess I’ll have to wait for ARC to do the first unfolding…

1 Like

Thanks! That’s what I’m missing, the first step…

Cool.

Possibly my Poly is redundant.

And also

1 Like

Ups, my bad. I just checked the tech specs of KA1 and it has the MQA logo on it. If Roon dev team implement proper DSP in ARC(and fix the current issues(and I am sure they will, maybe even add first mqa unfold)), I see not much of an advantage of MQA. Actually MQA left me with very mixed feelings. Anyways, let’s not go off topic :slight_smile: