ARC Connection Error (Du Telecom in Dubai)

Dear All,

I am facing an error with Roon ARC. Please see below error log:

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 94.aaa.bbb.ccc:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“94.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

I am connected to my network via ethernet cable (via a USB dongle as my Lenovo Yoga 720 does not have a ethernet port) The connection is via a switch, which also hosts the NAS (QNAP TS 451+) containing the music.
My ISP is Du Telecom in Dubai and I am using a static IP address from the ISP to connect to the Internet. There are no ports that I have reserved

I think the issue is with a firewall from Ubuntu and appreciate detailed command lines as I am not well versed with Linux commands.

Please let me know if there is more information required.

@noris kindly help with this

Hi @Sanjeeb_Rose,

Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies for the delay. A few suggestions to help if you’re still stuck with port forwarding:

1. Concerning instructions for the exception in the Ubuntu firewall, please see this thread: Roon ARC and Ubuntu - just need to open new port in firewall

There are several other related threads on Roon Community from users with similar setups.

1. Do you have UPnP enabled in your router? You might need to set a manual port forwarding rule specifying the Core IP address and port number from Roon → Settings → ARC. This option should exist in your router web administration.

2. Is the switch you are using a managed switch? What’s the make and model? As a test, try hardwiring the Core temporarily to the main router, if possible.

Hi Connor, thanks for the reply. Yes I am still unable to connect to ARC. Let me try and add a firewall as suggested in your link, will share feedback.

I have enabled UPnP in my router. I do not have a managed switch, its an unmanaged one from Netgear. GS116LP 16-port switch

problem still persists

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“94.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

I’ve had to manually setup a forwarding rule in both my routers to get ARC to work.

My connection is as follows

Ziggo Mediabox (ISP router) → Ethernet → ASUS router (my own) → Ethernet → Lenovo laptop running my Roon Core.

This is a screenshot of my ASUS’s forwarding rule.
The local IP is the IP address of my Roon Core, the port number is what Roon uses. Both are listen in the ARC setup section of the Roon settings. Protocol is TCP. Source IP always has to be empty.

I’ve had to add a similar rule to my Ziggo router. With the local IP being the IP address the Ziggo router assigns to my ASUS router.

My guess is you’ll need to add a similar rule in your router to get ARC to work.

wow, thanks so much @SandsOfArrakis, the trick worked.

will be waiting to leave home now :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.