ARC Movistar Router configuration (ESP)

Hi @francisco_gaston,

I’ve merged your two threads regarding this port forwarding snag into one for convenience.

As I understand it from your recent posts, the Roon → Settings → ARC page states that port forwarding has been successfully configured automatically, but you’re still unable to connect to your Core in ARC when using a cellular connection.

The tech support team has attempted a diagnostic pull from your Core to help diagnose what might be blocking the connection to ARC. In order for our team to best assist you, please leave your Core online overnight so the report can upload to our servers securely.

In the meantime, do you have any network security settings enabled? Examples might include:

• firewalls
  • VPNs or proxy software (NordVPN, Tailscale, etc.)
  • antivirus software that might be filtering your upstream connection

We’ll proceed once we have more information from the diagnostic report. Thank you!

Thanks so much
As long as I know I have not firewall or antivirus installed
I will leave the NUC open and connected today tonight and tomorrow from today at 19 pm Spanish time Central EU time

1 Like

Hi @francisco_gaston,

Thank you for your help. Diagnostics confirm general network timeouts in ARC when attempting to switch to a cellular connection. There are a few steps we can take from here to pinpoint the issue:

1. You mentioned a network switch in your initial inquiry. Do you have a managed switch in this setup? More broadly, please describe your network infrastructure. As the tech team understands it currently, you have your ROCK hardwired to an ISP-provided router.

2. Please post a screenshot of the Roon Settings → ARC page, as well as any router web administration page you’re using to set a manual TCP port forwarding rule. Make sure to obscure your public IP address. The purpose here is to verify that the static IP and port assignment in Roon match those you’ve configured, either manually or automatically, in your router’s settings.

3. Lastly, just for due diligence, please refresh your RoonServer by taking the following steps. Create a Backup, first, just in case.

• Stop RoonServer from running in ROCK’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your ROCK’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Roon database folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Hi about first question
No it is not a manage router
The set up is
Router… swicht …RJ45 to NUC 11 i5….usb to DAC
Between Swicht and NUC I have a RJ45 to SFP optic and optic to RZJ45

Cables are shielded Cat 8
USB have a filter
ROCK installed in the NUC

Second question
The telephone company did open the port and assigned the IP remotely They told me that doing so the IP remains fixed
That IP and port appears on the display of ARC setting when I open
Sorry I will try tomorrow to incorporate the screen shoot I do not know how to do it now
Those IP and port are the ones I gave to Telephone remote service , I took it from my configuration
I am not acceding to the router,the company recommended me not to do unless I am an expert

Today as I already explained I discover VPzN in my iPhone 13 it was automatically resetting ON but finally I got to take it out
From then I can acces to IRC
But they were some cuts and a message saying week signal!!!
Now seems it is working fine
I will do your other instruction tomorrow
And let you know if everything remains fine
Thsnkd

1 Like

Thanks for your response and further clarification @francisco_gaston. I’ll go ahead and mark your previous post as the solution for now, but keep this thread open for a few weeks in case you require further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.