Roon Core Machine

ROCK in Intel i5 NUC11

Networking Gear & Setup Details

movistart router and swicht

Connected Audio Devices

NUC connected

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am unable of opening the router for ARC when calling to movistart they ask me which is the fix Ip of the equipment.Which port to be open with that IP. what protocol to be utilize to open the port.
I do not know how to get the IP of my ROCK or the NUC.
I do not which protocol to be utilized to open dthe port
I am completly lost

@francisco_gaston - Maybee this can helpful

Torben

Thanks for help
But not helpful
I am able to use ARC with wifi but not with network due to Router configuration

Roon, Settings, Setup, find
This will give you the IP address of your rock

On the tab Roon Arc in the Settings menu in your Roon Remote app you can find the ip-address of your Roon Core and the port that is used.
There is also a link on that tab to a help article on setting up the connection.

Thanks a lot

Hi again
I got to open the port of my router with fix IP
When opening ARC with Roon remote I see the message that my core is correctly configured
I am able to use the ARC if I have the wifi On
But if I turn Off the WiFi I see the message that I am desconectes
Movistart the router supplier tells me that they have the protocols: TCP and VP
But they do not have the UPnP and NAT-PMP, and think I shall utilize another router to get ARC running
Any help?
I believe I shall be able to utilize the ARC without WiFi but using telephone data link

That it only works with WiFi tells us that your Core is not accessible from the outside. If the Movistart doesn’t have uPnP you should use manual port forwarding in the router.

Hi yes although the configuration of the Core says it is OK seems the protocol of the router does not allow the communication
Staff of Movistsrt advice me no to acces to the router unless I am an expert
I can acces the router through web and password

If you can paste a screenshot of the port forwarding page of the router I can help you set it up

I will try to access, but the IP and the port are correctly fixed and the message in ARC setup is the the Core is correctly set
The problem is the different protocols used by movistart router: TCP and UP
And the protocol used by ARC which are UPnP
and NAT -PMP

In the instruction it only explained how to fix the port and IP
Which is already done

They are not protocols, they are network services used to configure routers etc, also used by roon to do the same.
Arc used TCP for transport.
You sound like you need help so do as @Joost_Hoogland suggests and post some screenshots.

"Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and NAT Port Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP) are network services which allow software and devices to configure each other when attaching to a network. This includes automatically creating dynamic NAT port forwards and associated firewall rules.

The UPnP and NAT-PMP service, located at Services > UPnP & NAT-PMP, enables client PCs and other devices such as game consoles to automatically allow required inbound traffic and can account for outbound NAT on traffic using the same ports. There are many popular programs and platforms which support UPnP such as Torrent clients, Steam/Steam Deck, Nintendo consoles, PlayStation consoles, XBox consoles, video conferencing apps, and more. NAT-PMP is supported primarily by Apple products."

Thanks for clarification. I mentioned protocol because it was said by technical service of router provider. I will try to follow indications

hi again
to get to port forwarding page of the router, shall I acces to the router throuhg the indicated web given by the router?
Thanks again for help.I am sorry not knowing anything about these matters

Hi @francisco_gaston,

I think you should try to find a manual of your Movistart router on the internet to see how you can access it and enter port forwarding.

Something like this

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

Connected Audio Devices

ROCk in NUC 11 Inteli5

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

Using Movistart Spain router from
MitraStart Technology Corporation
Router Smart WiFi 6 GPT -2841GX4X5v8
With Fix IP and port correctly open
This router have not UPnP and NAT-PNO protocol but TCP UP protocol
In the instruction given there is not any indication about what can be done in this case
Does it means I have to use a different router?
Have any body experience in Spain with Movistart?

Hi @francisco_gaston,

Could you please post the error message shown in the Roon app under settings —> Arc.

This will help me and other community members to help you.

Regards,

Maarten

Hi Now the message that appears is that zcore is ready correctly for ARC
But I can not acces it and the message says You are disconnected
I can acces without problems with my WiFi but not using mobile network

Hi @francisco_gaston,

If i understand it correctly, in the Roon App under settings → Roon Arc, the message is, that Arc is ready to use?

If that’s the case, then i would say that you can use Roon Arc via your mobile phone. To use it, download the Roon Arc app on your mobile phone.

Hope it helps.

Maarten.