ARC - no listening to downloaded music when core is offline?

Hello everyone. I cant believe what I am seeing. Is it true that I cannot listen to my downloaded music in the ARC app when the core is offline!?

Do I need connection to the core to play downloaded files!? I replaced apples music app with ARC. That would be a disaster for me.

1 Like

I can listen to downloaded music on the plane or anywhere without the phone having an internet connection. When the phone has no internet connection, it has no idea if the Roon server is online or offline.

Leaving for vacation an taking core with me (the core will be offline all the time). Now when I open ARC it says there is no connection to the core.

Very strange behavior because ARC has always been working when there is no Internet on the phone.

What happens when the phone is in aeroplane mode?

Have you set ARC to offline mode?

1 Like

Can’t even get past login.

I think you need to login whilst server is online then take ARC offline.

1 Like

The mode switch is confusing. Unless I make a concerted effort to download my current favorites, the ARC “can’t see you core” thing is a deal breaker.

Somehow, I don’t know how, the ARC app Lost connection to the core. Rebooted everything, logged in again… all downloaded files gone!!! What sort of off-line functionality is this? I’m really growing tired of all these bugs.

1 Like