ARC Not ready - COX Communications

Did you also change the port # setting in Roon core settings (Settings > Roon ARC) to match port # in the router?

Delete one of these.
Change the port of the one you kept to the same port number you have listed in your Roon > Settings > Roon Arc.

The external and internal ports should be the same port number.

That should be all you need to do.

yes i did, both set to 55000 which was default in roon arc setting

1 Like

already added new port “roon arc” to match port shown in roon settings 55000. i deleted the other two. is there any need for additional roon ports?

So, is it working? Try with WIFI on and WIFI off.

Well shucks. I was hoping it would be something simple like that. When I was trying to set up Port Forwarding, I thought I had Roon ARC and the router set to the same, but it wasn’t working. After double checking, the Roon ARC setting had somehow changed (could have been something I did as this IT stuff is foreign to me). Once I confirmed the settings were the same, it worked.

Btw, Cox is also our internet provider, so I’m guessing your issue isn’t something they are doing.

Nope. The other ports roon are not used for ARC, they also stay within the local area network (LAN), so no port forwarding required for their services to work as designed.

uninstalled and reinstalled ARC app and now it is working fine, thanks for your input

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.