ARC on CarPlay post B1389/ARC B253

ARC B260 on iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.4.1
Wireless/Wired CarPlay on Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT

After a long period of great stability and very few issues my CarPlay experience since B1389/B253 has been sub-optimal (and I am being really, really polite here).

Every time I get in the car, instead of ARC carrying on automatically where it left off I have to restart an album, often using the phone itself and not the Pioneer touch screen. Often a track will play for a second and then stop, then I will have to restart play by going back through the menu to and reselect the album.

Album art doesn’t load unless I cycle through the different menus on the touch screen of the head unit.

Last Frontier, the second track on the new Ride album will not play past 10 seconds, a week ago it was fine, this track plays without issue in Roon and does not show as corrupt.

I know I am jumping to conclusions here but it feels like when issues are fixed for one set of users then the issues restart for another set of users, Could it somehow be region specific?

“Have you tried turning off and then on again?!”

Decided to kill all the apps on my iPhone and reboot it, this helped a bit, Last Frontier was playing Okay but then another track would not play. I then chose a different album which played fine and then went back to Ride, it now appears to be playing properly.

Weird.

I’m still having an issue where when I get in the car after ARC has a period of inactivity (say minimum of one hour) music will not play through CarPlay until I kill ARC on my iPhone and then restart.

Also, this is a long standing issue with CarPlay: When I have been using Roon at home and then go for a drive in the car, the last thing I was playing in the house shows up on the ARC CarPlay app on the home screen but does not play, if you press play you just get taken to the ARC CarPlay Home Screen.

Is this an issue seen by any other users?

Same here….this is my single biggest pain point with ARC. It should always remember where I Ieft off on an album or playlist, and start from there the next time I connect to Carplay (just like, for example, Apple’s Podcasts app does).