ARC Problem Away from Home

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus + Music on Internal SSD. ROON Port 41705 Version 2.0 Build1202

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected via Ethernet and Google Nest WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Mark Levinson Amp 5105, CD 5101, Songs faber Guarneri Heritage, iPhone 14, iPad Mini 6
Imac 24inch Ventura 13.1 and M1 chip

Number of Tracks in Library

11244 tracks

Description of Issue

ARC works while I am at home on the iPhone/iPad but will not connect to the Core when I am using remote wifi or cellular.
Screen shots attached.
Sorry but I am not too computer literate

Many Thanks
Rick G

2023-01-31T14:00:00Z

This is because you haven’t setup port forwarding. The diagnostic message, posted in your screenshot, suggests that UPnP is enabled on your network, but your router is refusing the connection. This is either the result of UPnP not being enabled properly on your router, or settings at the level of your internet service provider.

First, to confirm the issue is not with your local network setup:

• Try to enable UPnP/NAT PMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to open the port manually in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, we recommend reaching out to your internet service provider and passing along the following questions:

• Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level?
  • Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available?
  • Can I request a static IPv4 address to support port forwarding?
  • Are there any ports you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of?

Thanks for Responding Martin. Unfortunately with my limited computer skills this all means nothing to me - oh how I miss the old SOOLOOS - the computer interface was hidden.
I am not sure how to proceed from here.
Regards
Rick G

Hi Maarten, Thank you for your continued interest. We have data supplied via optic fibre to our house via a national system - NBN - National Broadband Network. It then connects via Cat 5c cable to a modem supplied by our major Telecommunications Company Telstra. This modem also has WiFiT then connects via cable to the Google nest for wifi extension through our house. I attach a photo of the label on the modem. At some point ( I can’t remember when or how) I changed the password from that indicated on the base.
Your english is fine - as a matter of interest what part of the world are you in? I am in Brisbane Australia - way down under.
many Thanks
Rick G

Sorry photo now attached.

Hi @Rick_Godfrey,

Your welcome. I like to help people to solve there Roon Arc issues.

As you live in Australia i would ask you if you can check if your ISP has implemented CG-NAT. See below article. I ask this, because i read on this forum that a number of Australian ISP’s have implemented CG-NAT.

Your english is fine - as a matter of interest what part of the world are you in? I am in Brisbane Australia - way down under.

I live in the Netherlands.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Hi Maarten,
The best I can ascertain is that out ISP Telstra has implemented CG-NAT and is in the process of incorporating IPv6. I am not sure what that means for my problem.
Regards
Rick G

Hi,

If they have implemented CG-NAT, then Roon Arc isn’t working for now. I read on this forum that the Roon team is in development fase to let Arc work also for ISP’S how have implemented CG-NAT. A release date isn’t set yet. There are alternatives, which you can find in the #tinkering section. Personally I don’t have any experience with them.

Kind regards,

Maarten

Thank Maarten you for your advice and assistance. It looks like I will have to wait for the new release.
Regards
Rick G

I am in the exact same boat. My wifi is provided by the university and it is a no go for ARC. I was so excited.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.