Telia Wi-Fi-Router Plus v3 Technicolor
Ethernet No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i Wi-Fi
Bluesound Pulse Flex Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

280 000

Description of Issue

When using ARC on my iPhone SE from 2022 ARC crashes after just a minute or two since the last update. Before the update it crashed a couple of times every day.
I have 4G och good/very good wi-fi.

I would reset the ARC app or uninstall/reinstall it. Helped in other cases of frequent crashes. (You will lose ARC downloads)

Hi,
Thanks for the answer !
I have reset ARC and reinstalled the app several times but the problems keeps coming back.
Kind regards
R9bert

:frowning: Then I guess this is for Roon support to investigate. They will come to this thread soon or later

Hi @Robert_Lidstrom,

Thank you for your post and for your patience while we worked through the queue to reach your report.

The tech support team has investigated diagnostics from your account and identified a few resolvable issues:

1. There are low memory warnings reported by the phone’s OS to the ARC framework. These are interrupting metadata downloads, and although they aren’t a direct cause of the crash you’re experiencing, they could be underpinning overall poor performance. Do you have sufficient storage on this phone? Concerning RAM, how many open applications do you tend to have open on this iPhone when you first open ARC and attempt to begin playback?

2. There appear to be issues loading certain widgets within ARC due to a previous install of the app or a previous Roon database that has residual content available somewhere. I recommend performing the following steps on your Roon Server machine after making sure you have a recent, reliable Backup.

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Uninstall the ARC app and select “delete data” if prompted
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Reinstall ARC and attempt to connect to the Server on your home WiFi
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup
  1. There are network failures within ARC, even when on your home WiFi. Do you have any diagnostics presented in Roon → Settings → ARC? Have you set up port forwarding with a manual rule, or did you automatically configure port forwarding for ARC? Lastly, how is your Roon Server machine connected to the internet (ethernet, WiFi, etc.).

Do you have any managed switches? What about access points?

We’ll keep an eye out for your response. Thank you!

Hi,

Tried go through all the steps under 2 and initially it looked very promising.
ARC ran flawlessly at home with Wi-Fi for an hour or so. Then I realized in order to save my playlist and tags I had to restore my backup.
And after that ARC started crashing although not quite so often as before.

Furthermore reset ARC on my phone is a bit tricky. Often it doesn’t work and sometimes I get straight back into what I think is the previous session of ARC.
When reinstalling ARC I now have three different cores with the same name to choose from. I have chosen the one that’s ready to connect to.

After deleting files on my IPhone I’m now down to using 45/64 GB. My battery status is quite low 79%.Thinking of changing the battery.
I have no diagnostics on ARC in Roon app. I believe I set up the port manually in my router. The PC running the Core is connected to Ethernet.
Kind regards
Robert

Issue update:
Either ARC works fine for hours or crashes after just a few seconds/minutes.
Initially it looked like a fresh database solved the problem but the day after it kept crashing time after time.
The risk of crashing seems to be high after the computer has been shut off at night.
That is relatively constant.
Otherwise it crashes randomly.
The Core is on my sons computer and he has upgraded since the last update ( see enclosed pic).Roon almost never crashes. A year ago that used to be a problem.

Kind regards
Robert

Add images

![image|690x360](upload://hU76Bxzwbsz1lRL05A1AdyAHZdd.jpeg)

Hi,
Yet another update:
ARC works much better now. It crashes ”only” a couple of times a week.
Strange thing though is that the reset button doesn’t seem to work.After pressing 10-15 times resulting only in closing the app a black screen “who’s listening” shows without any profiles. After a couple attempts closing down and opening the app I’m back and ARC runs without a problem for a couple of days. No search for the Core takes place.
Before when resetting ARC searching for the Core generally took 10-15 minutes.

Kind regards
Robert

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.