ARC Reverse Proxy Set Target Domain (IP Replacement)

I have a Traefik instance behind Cloudflare and multiple local security applications. I would much prefer to be able to create something like roon.my_domain.com and point ARC to that instead of opening an unnecessary hole in my home network by blindly forwarding all traffic on that port to my Roon Core machine.

Yes, there are ways around this but it wouldn’t be ideal. I would greatly appreciate if a way to specify a target domain was added to ARC to override/supplement the current default of targeting an IP.

You got my vote.
I spent 700$ and I’m not able to listen to my own music, stored in my own server (Roon core), sent through my own network to my own clients just because Roon servers have problems and I cannot specify the IP address of my Roon Core.
This is so frustrating and completely non-sense.

1 Like

+1
I am in the exact same situation.

1 Like

Bumping this because it’s been 9 months and this still isn’t possible. Why? Port forwarding is a 1990s era solution that isn’t just cumbersome, it’s an unnecessary security vulnerability. Let us choose our own method of NAT traversal, please.

Another bump on this topic. I really want to use Roon ARC but am not comfortable punching a hole in my firewall. I did this before with Plex and lived to regret it, my firewall was hammered with brute force attacks, had to close that port. Cloudflare tunnels are the way to go for this, and it doesn’t seem to be doable with Roon ARC. Please bump this up on the development priority list. Thanks.

Same need here…using Squid as reverse DNS proxy

Replying for the same reasons. I’d rather not keep Plex around solely for when I’m away from home.

+1 to this thread. Why on earth are the good folks at Roon advocating port forwarding. Too dangerous. Please let us configure Roon Arc for use through a domain where we can put proper protection in place.

Another vote from me… Google search brought my here, because I don’t want to open extra port just for ARC. Roon, please give us this options. Thanks