ARC set up with Eero router

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus running 2.0 build 1128

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Eero mesh network

Connected Audio Devices

B&W Formation products, Node 2i, Pro-Ject Streamboxes (2), multiple Apple devices

Description of Issue

Cannot get ARC enabled on Nucleus core

I have attempted to follow the troubleshooting support, but admittedly I am not tech savvy and do not completely understand what to do. I have toggled the UPnP setting on and off, and also tried to set up port forwarding to port 5500. I don’t really know what I’m doing or understand it. Does anyone else have an eero router and successfully set up ARC?

Hi Al,

Friendly Fellow Forum user here. Can you provide some additional information in the form below so that Support can assist.

What ISP do you have? It looks from your screen shots that there is a double NAT of some type going on, either with two routers in your network, or, because your provide is using CGNAT.

If the former, you would need to set one to bridge mode. If your ISP is using CGNAT then you would need to contact them and see if you can get a static IP.

=========================================================================

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Al,

Just checking back in. Do you still need help or are you working now?

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi @Riviera_Bluesman,

Diagnostics from our end suggest you might not have had a chance to try ARC on the go, so I wanted to pass along some suggestions for configuring port forwarding in case you see this before the weekend.

1. In your initial screenshots (please note I have deleted them to protect your network security, just in case), the ARC Settings tab shows that Roon had selected port 44101 automatically. This may mean that port 55000 is reserved on your network for your ISP or another application. I recommend you try rewriting the manual configuration rule in your router, if you’ve written one, to match port 44101.

2. Try disabling UPnP, once you’ve correctly written the port forwarding rule manually.

3. As @Rugby initially mentioned, if you have a modem/router provided by your ISP in this setup that is not in Bridge mode, it may be responsible for the error.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.