ARC - Why limited?

Hi,
I recently managed to make ARC work. Good software but there’s something I cannot fully catch…

If I take ARC as the “on the fly” or “in mobility” player I’d say it’s - if not perfect - very good at least! works with Car Play, it’s simple, fast enough and good quality.

But then… I just pictured myself being far from home with my iPad (on vacation, at work, with relatives, etc.). Why shouldn’t I be able to have a fully featured “Roon remote” able to

• set/modify Bookmarks
  • use Focus
  • create playlist folders
  • Browse Qobuz
  • Rearrange playlists with massive delete and all functions

just like at home, with the difference that I will not be having RAAT to play but just use my hearbuds or transmit through Chromecast or Airplay.

to be short a full Roon experience far from home, IF I’m using a Tablet as support. I fully understand this experience is not suitable for phone layout, but if I have a tablet… why not?

That would make my vacations, work travels, etc much more interesting :joy:

g

You may wish to re-post this under Feedback / Feature Suggestions. ARC was born as a scaled down playback device. I imagine programming resources and bandwidth would restrict the features you desire, but who knows. Can’t hurt to suggest.

Ok, it could fit to FS indeed you are right.

I know ARC was born as a scaled down playback app. Nevertheless my use case (I think) could be interesting also for others

In the end I think no bandwidth issue exist, if you can stream a song MP3 320 sure you can handshake things like Tags management and Focus.

But I recon it’s a major change for sure… I just wanted to be provocative for future evolutions, I’m not expecting a new release any soon about it :slight_smile:

g