ARC With Starlink: IPv6 WAN IP Issue with RoonServer [Ticket In]

Hi @Ian_Robson2,

We haven’t forgotten you, although I do sincerely apologize for the lack of an update here.

@Dean_Kimball is correct - there’s a nomenclature disagreement between Starlink and ARC causing a hex-digit violation. Properly prefixed IPv6 address are rejected. This is a core feature blockage for Starlink users and remains a high priority - however, it requires both Roon and ARC development attention to complete and we can only control our nomenclature/formatting, not Starlink’s.

We recently overhauled connectivity in ARC as part of a large suite of performance improvements: Roon 2.0.20 and ARC 1.0.41 are live!. We now have the team bandwidth and a clean sandbox to investigate and resolve IPv6 issues with Starlink.

Allow me to sync internally today with development and I’ll provide as precise an update as possible. We understand this is a core feature blockage and requires Starlink users to pursue workarounds (at best). Thank you for your patience and we’ll communicate with you as this ticket progresses through the pipeline.

1 Like