Arcam SA30 Roon Ready Certified and support [it is Roon Ready now]

A post was merged into an existing topic: STAGING #1 - Used When Reorganising Topics

Itā€™s done. The new firmware 1027 makes the arcam SA30 Roon Ready!

2 Likes

Firmware updated on my Arcam SA30. Looks like it finally roon ready.

6 Likes

a shame it took them a year to get this done as itā€™s a great sounding amp - returned mine because of this

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure it took them a year. When it was first released it worked fine with Roon (I bought one). Later, I think around Sept 2020, Roon changed the way things worked and the way things were certified and at that point the Arcam then ā€˜became unsupportedā€™. If you already had one and spoke to them nicely they would give you ā€˜a letā€™ and allow your Arcam to still work on your subscription, but any new owners were out of luck and you could not sell your SA30 to a new owner as it would not work for them, so kind of devalues your amp if you did want to sell it. Kind of proves it wasnā€™t a ā€˜it canā€™t workā€™ but more of a ā€˜Roon will not allow it to work as youā€™re not doing it the way they now want you to do itā€™. On the flip side Iā€™m sure Arcam were given plenty of warning, but sometimes for some companies it takes a while to get things moving and done, if you have a 6 month development pipeline and that pipeline is already full, then any new changes may take up to 6 months from the day of request to get done. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s great but that is some companyā€™s capability / speed. Roon should take this more into account, I think they are also just as bad themselves, Roon stopped working with Google Hub Screens 2 years ago and itā€™s still not fixed today despite us being given the impression itā€™s being worked on, so thereā€™s an example of how quick certain areas of Roon can work on software.