Artist Album Search Option Issue (magnify glass vs scrolling through my entire album collection)

I am finding that when I search for an Artists albums in my collection I do not get all the albums shown by that artist when using the magnify glass search icon that is located in the top right hand corner of my screen. That search finds most of that Artists albums that are in my collection but misses many. If I go to the “Album” menu choice on the left side bar and then scroll down through my collection to the Artist I am interested in I will then see all the albums by that artist that are in my collection, more than what I see when using the “Magnify Glass” icon.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Is there a setting that I am missing? The magnify glass search icon is the most efficient way to search for an artists collection of albums, but not if I am not getting my full collection to then choose from. I am very frustrated with this and know that I must be missing something.

I think you will need to give specific examples with screenshots in order for anyone to be able to help you.

Have you tried using the funnel whilst in the albums screen. That might be the best way to achieve what you want as the magnifying glass search is library plus streaming service whilst the funnel/filter on albums screen will just show your albums.

After you search if you choose the in library filter are the albums still missing?

.sjb

Thanks. The Filter feature does offer a full list of albums by the artist along with adding other artist that have a similar spelling. The magnify glass doesn’t offer complete listing all the time, but much of the time. Not sure why, but using the Filter in the Album search mode works well enough.

1 Like