Artist/band(s) view

Hi @noris,

I posted a while ago about this, but there haven’t been any replies. Is there any way to do the following in Roon? My # of albums/entertainers where this applies has gotten 'UGE. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jordan

Where an artist performs solo and with a band or bands (like Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Price & The Revolution, Elvis Costello & The Attractions, etc…), can albums be displayed as follows?

For example, Under Artist View: Bruce Springsteen

‘Main Albums’ - albums where ‘Bruce Springsteen’ is the only album primary artist. (eg., studio albums)
‘Singles & EPs’ - same
‘Bootlegs’ - same (but see comment below)
‘With The E Street Band’ - albums where both ‘Bruce Springsteen’ and ’The E Street Band’ are album primary artists (eg., live albums)
‘With The Sessions Band’ - albums where both ‘Bruce Springsteen’ and ’The Sessions Band’ are album primary artists
‘Appearances’ - anywhere Bruce Springsteen appears where not credited as an album primary artist

Maybe there should also be a ‘Live’ section as well.

The main open question I see with the above, is how to classify bootlegs where both ‘Bruce Springsteen’ and ’The E Street Band’ are primary artists. Would they appear in the ‘Bootlegs’ section or the ‘With… “ section, or both?

Hi @noris,
just following up on this message.

Thanks.

Hi @Jordan ,

Apologies for the delay, just saw your message. Can you please share a few screenshots of what you are seeing on your end?

Other users might be able to comment on their metadata sorting techniques here in the meantime, so I also moved your post to our metadata category.

Hi Noris, thanks for the reply. I am not seeing anything unusual so don’t think screenshots will help.

My question is really if Roon can be configured, or if a feature can be added, so that where an artist performs solo and with a band or bands (like Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Price & The Revolution, Elvis Costello & The Attractions, etc…), can albums be displayed as follows?

For example, Under Artist View: Bruce Springsteen

‘Main Albums’ - albums where ‘Bruce Springsteen’ is the only album primary artist. (eg., studio albums)
‘Singles & EPs’ - same
‘Bootlegs’ - same (but see comment below)
‘With The E Street Band’ - albums where both ‘Bruce Springsteen’ and ’The E Street Band’ are album primary artists (eg., live albums)
‘With The Sessions Band’ - albums where both ‘Bruce Springsteen’ and ’The Sessions Band’ are album primary artists
‘Appearances’ - anywhere Bruce Springsteen appears where not credited as an album primary artist

Maybe there should also be a ‘Live’ section as well.
[/quote]

Is it possible to do this currently, or to add these options to the Artist View pages?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.