Artist credit WH is being associated with Japanese band 'with' [Ticket in]

Here she / he / it is again: Famous Artist „with“. On this Album she he it plays flute.

„with“ is playing al kind of music and a lot of different instruments. „with“ is a real multitalent.
@support you should look after this very special musician. He /she / it is nearly everywhere. You should create a special playlist: songs with „with“.

1 Like

Hi @VolkerS,

As always, we appreciate the heads up here. It looks like this Credit is coming from Qobuz album data.

Additionally, please understand that our metadata efforts are focused on system wide fixes. We don’t have the ability to jump into the metadata and make prescriptive changes. Because of this, making a manual edit to the album credits in your Roon library is often the quickest, most effective, way to address these small metadata annoyances.

You can edit the credits on this track, here’s how you do it:

• Select the track by long-clicking or right clicking.

• Click the ellipsis button at the far right hand side of the track.

• Click edit

• Click edit track

• Click edit credits

• Deselect incorrect credit

• Click + Add credit

• Search for and select correct credit entity

• Click Save

That’ll get it all fixed up!

@jamie hi Jamie, thank you for your answer. Im am sorry, but your proposal is not the solution. This problem is not only affecting one album. „With“ has his/her/its own artist page and roon is telling us, that „with“ was formed in japan. And there you can find al lot of nonsense like similar artists an new releases for fans of „with“. There should be an algorithm, that stops such a nonsense in roon.

Hi @VolkerS,

You’re absolutely correct. With is a Japanese band that seems to have released only one album. Some instances of spurious ‘with’ metadata that show up in metadata land have been assumed to be With because there isn’t sufficient information to trigger disambiguation.

My credit editing recommendation was merely a suggested cure for this one instance, in the event that it’s particularly bothersome to you. We’ve put a ticket in for the larger system wide fix. My apologies for not making that more clear in my previous post.