Artist Equivalence: Christopher Larkin

From the artist picture for the Australian composer / sound designer Christopher Larkin I suspect parts of the entry are wrong. It’s probably because allmusic has him merged with the American conductor of the same name (https://www.allmusic.com/artist/mn0002180992)

I think musicbrainz got it right (currently) having three different CLs:

Is that something you split in the metadata cloud and could correct there?

Hi @anon47919701,

We will look into this. Can you share some specifics of what you’re seeing that’s incorrect in Roon? What album(s) do you have for this composer?

Hi @dylan,

some more details in pictures. :slight_smile:

and:

Interestingly, the Artist links (and the birth place) are correct:

That one’s already identified (and part of the mixed-up allmusic Larkin collection):

Sorry - had to add a big cover screenshot. :wink:

I’ve got another album but that’s still waiting to get identified (will happen soon, I hope - entered the data yesterday in musicbrainz).

Thanks for the info, @anon47919701!

We’ll look into this and update you when we have more info.

Hi @anon47919701,

We have traced this issue back to our metadata provider and I have reached out to them and requested they make a change here. I’ll keep you updated once we hear from them.

Update

Our metadata provider has let us know that they have corrected this. Please give this about a week or two to be reflected within Roon. Once you see the change on your end please mark this post as the solution.

Thanks again for your report!