Artist equivalence: Codeine the 90ies NYC slowcore band is not Codeine the trap band or whatever other bands of that name

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Codeine the slow core band has a TiVo and Wiki bio. (Note: I edited the artist image locally)

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

The band photo of the slowcore Codeine

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

All of them

Screenshot of import settings

Unrelated

Description of the issue

This is Codeine the slowcore band:

Their albums are:

• Frigid Stars LP
  • The White Birch
  • What About the Lonely? (Live)
  • When I See the Sun (Anthology)
  • Dessau (Anthology)

The other 12 main albums and 39 singles/EPs are some other Codeine band(s), apparently a trap band and maybe more.

Singles & EPs are (as available in Qobuz/Tidal, a few more are on Discogs)

• D
  • Pickup Song
  • Barely Real (EP)
  • Pickup Song (Live)
  • Sea

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@joel It seems that this one fell through the cracks? It’s a rather simple case as the NYC slowcore Codeine that is described in the bio has just a few well-defined releases that should be easy to separate out by the metadata provider. Thank you!

Is here a chance that this ever will be fixed?

This is happening more and more I find. Reported one the a few weeks ago for band called Alfie.

I find artist equivalence issues all the time, I blame clueless metadata editors who think there’s only one person or band in the world with any one name and associate it without doing any research

Still unresolved and MusicBrainz and Allmusic don’t have all this wrong Codeine stuff mixed into the slowcore band, so where the heck is this happening?

Seems similar to here where artists get mixed up but it’s apparently not MusicBrainz or Allmusic doing it:

Apologies for this.

They absolutely do and this appears to be the root of the problem. E.g.

Did you select “All” in their Discography?

Edit: I asked TiVo to review this artist id.

Thank you!

Ah, no, too stupid, sorry. I see now :joy:

LOL. Incidentally, even if allmusic looks okay, there can be bad credits at album, release, and track level; and allmusic only takes TiVo’s “US” data package. There are more releases in the UK and EU packages that we also take which can have errors.

1 Like

Hurrah, it is nearly fine now, thanks so much. One remaining wrong album named RAGE by 226Ghostboy / Codeine (best link I found for these Codeine is Codeine | Spotify)

The Singles & EPs and Compilations are perfect.

1 Like

Wish it was for Alfie in my collection got lots of a releases from a different act merged with them. :frowning:

Well you waited 2 months, I waited 10. Patience :slight_smile:
(It seems strangely appropriate for Codeine LOL)

Found one more remaining problem with the “What About the Lonely” album:

The Tidal version has the correct Codeine as Primary Artist:

The Qobuz version has the correct one in the track credits as primary artist (note, the picture here is my local one, not the Valence), while the album artist is an incorrect one:

which contains the rap albums now, plus the “What About the Lonely” incorrectly mixed in.

One more - similarly to the prev. post. The Pickup Song (Live) single

also has the wrong new (Rap) album artist but the correct track artist: