Artist Ty Dolla $ign shows up on random albums in my collection

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Albums in my collection which Roon claim’s Ty Dolla $ign is involved with

Below a screenshot of the Credits for “Signs of Life” from Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

Below is the file metadata of the same track “Signs of Life”:

General
Complete name                            : /Volumes/music/Pink Floyd/A Momentary Lapse Of Reason/01 Signs Of Life.m4a
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : Apple audio with iTunes info
Codec ID                                 : M4A  (M4A /mp42/isom)
File size                                : 20.5 MiB
Duration                                 : 4 min 24 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 650 kb/s
Album                                    : A Momentary Lapse Of Reason
Album/Performer                          : Pink Floyd
Part/Position                            : 1
Part/Total                               : 1
Track name                               : Signs Of Life
Track name/Position                      : 1
Track name/Total                         : 11
Performer                                : Pink Floyd
Composer                                 : Bob Ezrin,David Gilmour
Publisher                                : Pink Floyd Music Publishers Ltd.
Genre                                    : Rock
ContentType                              : Music
Recorded date                            : 1987
Encoded date                             : UTC 2019-04-14 17:18:24
Tagged date                              : UTC 2019-04-14 17:29:20
Writing application                      : iTunes 12.8.2.3
Copyright                                : ℗ Pink Floyd Music Ltd., © Pink Floyd Music Ltd.
Country                                  : Europe
Cover                                    : Yes
Lyrics                                   : When the childlike view of the world went,  / nothing replaced it...nothing replaced it...nothing replaced it...  / I do not like being asked to.....I do not like being asked to...  / I do not like being asked to.... /  / Other people replaced it / Someone who knows /  / (Instrumental)
Rating                                   : None
MEDIA                                    : Music
MOOD                                     : Prog Rock
AppleStoreAccount                        : ***@***.***
ownr                                     : ***
LABEL                                    : EMI & EMI
PRODUCER                                 : Bob Ezrin,David Gilmour
INVOLVEDPEOPLE                           : Art Direction;;;Storm Thorgerson;;;Artwork;;;Mekon;;;Concept Design [front cover];;;Nexus,Storm Thorgerson;;;Effects [additional sound effects];;;Andy Jackson;;;Effects [sound effects];;;Nick Mason;;;Effects [spherical sound];;;Ken Caillat,Sarah Bruce,Tom Jones;;;Graphic Design;;;Andrew Ellis;;;Management;;;EMKA Productions,Steve O'Rourke;;;Mixing;;;Andy Jackson;;;Mixing Assistant;;;Jeff Demorris,Marc Desisto,Robert Hrycyna,Stan Katayama;;;Photography;;;Robert Dowling,Robert Mort;;;Photography [portrait];;;David Bailey;;;Production Manager [photography];;;Lance Williams,Richard Shaw;;;Recording;;;Andy Jackson;;;Recording [spherical sound];;;Guy Charbonneau;;;Recording Assistant;;;Jeff Demorris,Marc Desisto,Robert Hrycyna,Stan Katayama;;;Sequencing [sequencers];;;Bob Ezrin,David Gilmour;;;Technician [instrument supervision];;;Phil Taylor
MUSICIANCREDITS                          : Alto Saxophone;;;Tom Scott;;;Background Vocals;;;Carmen Twillie,Darlene Koldenhoven,Donny Gerrard,Phyllis St. James;;;Bass Guitar;;;Tony Levin;;;Chapman Stick [stick];;;Tony Levin;;;Drums;;;Carmine Appice,Jim Keltner;;;Drums [acoustic];;;Nick Mason;;;Electric Piano [kurzweil];;;Richard Wright;;;Electronic Drums [electric drums];;;Nick Mason;;;Guitar;;;David Gilmour,Michael Landau;;;Hammond Organ;;;Bill Payne,Richard Wright;;;Keyboard;;;Bob Ezrin,David Gilmour,Jon Carin;;;Percussion;;;Bob Ezrin,Steve Forman;;;Piano;;;Richard Wright;;;Saxophone;;;John Helliwell;;;Soprano Saxophone;;;Tom Scott;;;Synthesizer;;;Patrick Leonard;;;Tenor Saxophone;;;Scott Page;;;Vocals;;;David Gilmour,Richard Wright
CATALOGNUMBER                            : CD EMD 1003
VERSION                                  : CD
Encoding Params                          : vers
iTunes_CDDB_1                            : 7A0C010A+230680+10+182+20012+42007+69422+92707+118385+151985+159980+188262+191165
iTunes_CDDB_TrackNumber                  : 1
DISCOGS_ARTIST_LIST                      : Pink Floyd
BARCODE                                  : 0 77774 80682 4
DISCOGS_CATALOG_NUMBER                   : EMI: CD EMD 1003
DISCOGS_CATALOG_NUMBER-2                 : EMI: CDP 7 48068 2
DISCOGS_MASTER_ID                        : m10303
DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID                       : 15660006
Discogs Album Release Country            : Europe
Discogs Release Notes                    : ℗  1987 Original sound recordings made by Pink Floyd Music Ltd / under exclusive licence to EMI Records Ltd.  / © 1987  Pink Floyd Music Ltd under exclusive licence to EMI Records Ltd. /  / Made in UK (printed on CD face)
Get Lyrics Status                        : 0 2021-10-09T21:21:52
DISCOGS_MASTER_URL                       : https://www.discogs.com/master/10303
ArtworkDescriptor                        : 0,3,Discogs : primary

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local
Metadata of one of the tracks included above.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

I’m a new user of Roon, so just getting to know the workings of the software, however this issue puzzles me a bit.

First I thought that it may be my metadata that was wrong, however I can’t find any mention of Ty Dolla $ign (or any of his numerous aliases) in any of the metadata in the files.

My files are tagged using Yate, getting data from Discogs, before they have been added to Roon.

The Roon import settings should be mainly default settings.

Running Roon v1.8 (build 831) on MacOS.

This issue appears to have been resolved after upgrading to latest version of Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.