Artwork missing on ipad (again)

My artwork is missing and replaced with grey boxes. Even when I clear the image cache and sync my Qobuz library. App is also up to date

Hmm… Have you tried rebooting your core?

…also updating avatars is not working. When setting it through Roon Valence, it fails to update. After a random amount of time it appears, only to disappear again after a while… not very reliable it seems and rather frustrating…

My iPad is working correctly.

Yep - I restarted Roon core on my synology - no change :frowning

Hmm then I don’t know what the issue could be.

Note that via Valence you can’t choose your own preferred image, hearting them is just voting and the one with the most votes wins for everyone.

That one should show up though and not be a grey blob, nor should the others. No idea what the problem is, my iPad, macOS and Android are working OK. Do ensure that your core version is up to date as well, but else nothing I can think of

Do your versions of core and remote match?

Have you tried deleting the cache folder from your Server? I’ve found that this is a useful way of resetting things.

1 Like

All good suggestions, but still no solution. I deleted my images cache folder from the server, but the problem remains…

Core and app seems to be running at (almost) the same version:

The versions are fine and the latest

What’s new in this release?

Build Numbers

Application Version
Roon / RoonServer 2.0 (build 1244) production
Roon ARC 1.0 (build 170) production
Roon Remote (Android / iOS) 2.0 (build 1242) production

Do you have access to another remote to see if the same problem occurs when using that?

Same problem here, I’m afraid. Tried rebooting, clearing the image cache and reinstalling my Roon iOS app - no luck.

Also running 1242 (tablet) and 1244 (core).

Regards
Gareth

Have you tried deleting the Server cache folder on your core machine? This is a different action from clearing the image cache using the Roon UI.

On my Mac everything is working as expected and all the album art is showing up properly. I think that this would prove the Roon Server to be fine, and the problem to be in the iPad app…

I performed a reinstallation of the app, and now my artwork is being displayed correctly…