Asustor AS6704T -> HDMI -> AVR but no audio from ROON

Hello!
I have Roon Server installed on my Asustor AS6704T and have connected the HDMI out to my AVR, but I am not getting any sound out. I tried activating “HDA Intel PCH HDMI 0” and “[…]1” respectively, from ROON on my mac that is controlling the NAS and am getting neither audio nor video.
Songs start playing fine, but I am not getting any sound out of the AVR.

I have verified that I am getting both audio and video from YouTube using Asustor Portal.

Funnily enough I think my ROON volume control was greyed out before I tested with Asustor Portal, but now it is there and I can control the volume of whatever is played on YouTube through the ROON app on my Mac, but I cannot hear the music from ROON. This is with “HDA Intel PCH HDMI 0” as audio zone.

What needs to be done?

HDMI 0 is the one I use with NUC/ROCK to Denon AVR.

With HDMI 0 enabled and the zone selected for playback you should have Audio but no Video. The video I get is the boot screen from the NUC. Not sure what would be displayed from a NAS but it would not be anything from Roon.

Is there something in the NAS configuration that needs to be configured for HDMI out?

Hm. Thanks for the input. I’m not sure where to go from here.
I noticed that nothing happens when I click the Roon Server icon. Is that normal?
Earlier I had to allow pop-up windows in the browser that I access the NAS from, but that doesn’t help now. I got the server up and running and haven’t touched that icon again since then.

Solved! I enabled all the “HDA Intel PCH HDMI x” zones and #2 turned out to be the one to use.

Note:
Only #2 plays music through the HDMI port, but cannot be used to control the device (NAS) volume from ROON.
#0 (or was it #1?) controls the device volume from ROON but doesn’t deliver the music from the NAS HDMI port.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.