Audible pops when using UltraRendu

I have been using a UltraRendu with my Roon Nucleus+ for some time, and I notice audible pops occaisionally as one song ends but before the next one begins. My DAC is a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+. It can typically be heard during a fade out just before the song ends. Occasionally, I will also head a pop about a minute or two after all songs are finished playing. It is not consistent, e.g. the pop do not always occur during the same songs. And it seems to happen with files of all sorts of resolutions and types, e.g. 16/44, 24/96, ALAC, FLAC, etc.

Last week, I decided to connect the Brooklyn DAC+ directly via USB to the Nucleus+ and bypass the UltraRendu. I have not head any pops.

Note that the UltraRendu is powered by a Uptone LPS 1.2. And the Rendu and Nucleus are both connected to a Eero router. The ultraRendu is up to date on the software, version 2.8, and the Brooklyn is also up to date on its firmware.

When I had something like what you are experiencing it was due to jobs running on my Qnap NAS.
I switched the core to a dedicated PC and no longer had trouble. (just back up music up to NAS).
Otherwise it was at beginning or end of song as they changed from PCM to DSD or back resolved by updates which you have.
What I do is while I have several switches in my house all of end points and core are connected to a 24 port switch which is managed, all connected by network wire which is more robust.

If wired have you thought of trying a separate switch? Preferably business one from such as a Netgear GS308 or GS305. Those Netgears are made with steel case instead of plastic little more robust. Perhaps something is happening on your router?

Have you tried bypassing the Uptown if you have another power supply?

Both Sonore and Uptone support are at https://audiophilestyle.com there is definitely a trick with Uptone but let them tell you so you are covered warranty wise.

Have gone through many transports :frowning:

Yes, I’ve been in touch with Uptone about this, and I have a ground loop somewhere either in the AC mains or in the component connections. When I use my Brooklyn DAC directly connected to the amp, everything is fine. But when I connect the DAC to my preamp and then to the amp, it get these pops. It is only when using the combination of the LPS and the preamp. I need to do some more experimenting with various connections to find the exact cause.

I bought a single power conditioner Panamax Max5100 (used) added a 10 outlet strip](http://Panamax D10-PFP Rackmount Power Distributor) to plug everything into. Reduced grounding problems with my Turntables. Long before I started with my Dacs and transports. Found the Panamax used. It’s important the 10 outlet strip contains no additional surge protection. Double surge protection causes problems of its own. That unit has just a 15 amp breaker. The only thing not plugged in is my 3B squared which Bryston recommends is plugged directly into it’s own dedicated outlet.

Good Luck