Audio Devices disappearing

Windows 10, Roon v1.6 Build 416

WiFi

USB and Toslink

Description Of Issue

I am running Roon v1.6/build 416 (latest version according to the settings info in the app)

My platform is Windows 10 with the latest updates.

My PC is built on an ASUS ROG motherboard with a Ryzen 5 processor and 8GB RAM.

My primary DAC is a Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 (via USB) which is fully recognized and auto-configured by Roon.

My secondary DAC is a Beresford TC-7520 which is fed via optical cable from the computers’s Toslink output.

In Roon’s audio settings, the devices shown are: System, Pre Box 2 Digital-WASPI, Realtek High Definition Audio-WASPI, J River Media Center 20-ASIO, Pro-Ject Box ASIO driver, Realtek ASIO

If I enable only Pre Box 2 Digital, everything works fine.

If I also enable Realtek High Definition Audio, I can listen to either the Pre Box 2 (USB connected) or the Beresford TC-7520 (optically connected).

I am not interested in running any other devices, so I do not enable any other available devices in Roon.

The problem arises when I close Roon and or restart the PC. When I then reopen Roon, I see the message at the bottom of the screen “no audio devices found” When I then go to the audio settings, the audio devices listed above either show briefly and then disappear, or they are not shown at all. If I try to search for the devices, the app just hangs until I click to another Roon screen.

After running a few online searches, I found the only fix is to close Roon and then delete the folder RAATServer in the user profile in Windows. Then, after restarting Roon, the devices are shown, and the two desired devices can be enabled and reconfigured as needed.

At this point I am running just Pre Box S2 so that I don’t have to deal with this headache. I use Tidal to listen to the Beresford DAC. There are no problems when selecting the Realtek device in the Tidal app.

There are no other issues with any other apps regarding audio sources or routing.

Your assistance in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @John_Story,

First, I would make sure that the audio drivers are all up to date.

The next time this occurs, please make a note of the time that you open up Roon’s Audio settings and see the empty screen. Respond here with that time and we’ll enable some diagnostics on your account so the team can take a closer look.

I have exactly this same problem. Windows 10 Release 2004. I had the same issue on the previous 19xx version but it happened after upgrading, but only after waking up after a whole day of playing and sleeping overnight.

When it does happen the full set of audio devices on the laptop running both server and client appears but without any zone names. As soon as one is enabled the display vanishes. In the logs you can see the client making the request and getting the JSON response when first starting up, but all subsequent requests timeout.

Retrying from the UI occasionally flashes the display of devices momentarily.

I also have a Chromecast on the network and enabled as a zone. This is never dropped.

Deleting the RAATServer folder in the Local AppData brings the devices back but they need reenabling each time.

This now happens whether Roon is running or not when the laptop is put to sleep. This is now every time the laptop is put to sleep. This severity is only after the 2004 Windows 10 upgrade.

Start a new support entry and fill in the template it gives you on your system information.

Raised on Audio devices disappear after machine sleeps