Audio hiccups with Bluesound Node 2

Thanks, i have done it, but no change i am still at the same point with the bluesound node 2 since the 3.12.2 release: random sizzling and sound micro cut.
sound quality is still good but not as good as before,

Hi Guy
I just purchased a node 2i and I get exactly the same sizzling problem you described back in October. Did you solve the problem? I find it quite annoyingā€¦ Thanks for your feedback

Hi Thibaut,

A network reset should resolve this.
ā€¢ Turn off all players and other network-attached devices (laptops, tablets, and smartphones ā€“ Airplane mode can be enabled).
ā€¢ Unplug any wireless extenders or repeaters you may have in your home.
ā€¢ Unplug your router. Wait for 30 seconds and plugin again.
ā€¢ Wait for 5 minutes (important ā€“ do NOT skip the wait time).
ā€¢ Turn on all wireless extenders or repeaters and wait for 5 minutes. (Skip this step if you do not have an extender/repeater).
ā€¢ Turn on all players and network-attached devices (laptops, tablets, and smartphones ā€“ Airplane mode needs to be disabled).
ā€¢ Relaunch the BluOS App.

This will reset your network routerā€™s cached addresses.

But the solutions will last only few weeks, and you have to do it again if hiccups restart.

The problem is still not resolve by blue sound, and they donā€™t want to take it in consideration, thinking itā€™s a Roon problem which is really a shame.

I am going to buy another streamer leaving blue sound and NAD for ever.

I hope it will resolve temporary your issue.

You have also others topics on this issue you can read
Random crackles sounds in speakers only using Roon - #32 by Alois_Noebauer
Crackling with bluesound devices - #11 by Guy_Neuhaus

Some of them speaks also about a blue sound factory reset; it works also for few weeks.

keep me inform

Guy
PS are you french because your name sound really french?

Hello,

Nope! I finally decided to get rid of my Node 2ā€¦ For the moment, I am streaming directly from my NUC which I use both as my Roon Core and end point. Not ideal because of the fan, but at least it works without hiccups!

Sorry I canā€™t give you more positive news but I suggest we start a thread on the BluOS website about this particular issue to put pressure on them too (nothing seems to be moving on Ronā€™s sideā€¦)

Best audiophile regards,

Denis

Thanks for your suggestions Guy and Denis.

I have solved 2 distinct issues:

• I fixed the volume of the node 2 and this removed the sizzles poping when turning the node 2 volume up or down
  • I used to have a sizzle noise poping every time a new track started caused by a format change: I fixed the issue in upscaling the rate conversion to max. Itā€™s a great tip found in this forum.

Thibaut :fr:

I had a similar problem with constant micro cuts and static throughout song. Hopefully my experience can help some. Everything was running fine for a couple years until recently. I noticed it was after some Bluesound firmware update. I tried every trick in the book that I had read about from swapping DACā€™s, running Roon with no DSP on factory default, running everything ethernet wired, changing network switch, reinstalled Roon, factory reset on the Nodes, trying all the settings in the Node, reset and reinstalled my Synology NAS OS, re-link my Tidal Account and moreā€¦
At the end, I remembered that before using Roon I had linked one of my nodes to a networked library on my NAS in the Settings->Network Shares (which is redundant if you use Roon anyway) and by disconnecting that library from BluOS. Problem went away.