Audiolense ASIO - Device Initialization Failed following upgrade

Ben

The problem persists when I disable ‘exclusive control’ within Windows. And, yes, everything works fine when I disable Audiolense Convolver. I’ll reach out again to Juice Hi-Fi but am unsure it was all working until the new Roon build. Has the technical team identified any issues? Are they able to replicate the issue in-house?

Andrew

(I’m using Audiolense Convolver to apply filters that deliver cross-over to different drivers as as well as room EQ. Yes, it’s possible to do this within Roon but the benefit of Audiolense Convolver is that it’s much simpler to get the convolution configuration working from a speaker measurement.)

Ben

I followed up on information on the Juice Hi-Fi site regarding compatibility between AL Convolver and Roon. The standard set-up involves a generic license key for AL Convolver that will work for all sources and I’ve used this model until Roon 2.0 Build 1272. It appears, though, as if there are some situations in which a separate license key has to be generated for AL Convolver for use with Roon. I attempted to try this approach but failed as generating the hardware ID from which the software license key is derived requires that the integration is enabled. So, basically, we’re back to the problem of having to get the integration sorted.

Has the technical team identified any issues? Are they able to replicate the issue? And is it just limited to Audiolense Convolver | ASIO or all ASIO drivers? It’d be good to get an update including any next steps as I’m keen to get this sorted.

Hey @Andrew_Stamp,

I appreciate your prose in regard to finding a solution to your issue. The unfortunate situation here is that we don’t have any technical partnerships or official integrations with any DSP products outside of Audeze headphones.

Because of this, the software you’re using isn’t within the scope of official Roon Support, and so I’m only able to offer suggestions from the information shared in my previous reply.

Also, this thread will need to be relocated to our #tinkering section where others from community may be able to provide additional insight into things.

I would potentially reach out to Juice Hi-Fi and see if it’s something they may be able to assist with further.

Thanks for your understanding Andrew, and let me know if you have any other questions :pray:

Ben

Understand. FYI: I reached out to Juice Hi-Fi some time ago and Bernt is doing some investigation. It’d be good, however, to understand if the issue is a generic issue with ASIO or just related to Audiolense ASIO. (As noted above I’m seeing the same issue with other ASIO devices.) Are you seeing the issue with other ASIO integrations?

Hey @Andrew_Stamp,

We haven’t come across any other reports relating to this issue, but will certainly keep an eye out.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.